The Stock Price Effect of Risky versus Safe Debt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986. "Large Shareholders and Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-488, June.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1988. "Corporate control contests and capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 55-86, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Yaman, Devrim, 2007. "Contracting costs and the window of opportunity for straight debt issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 869-888, March.
- Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai & Raman, Kartik, 2000. "Debt Structure Adjustments and Long-Run Stock Price Performance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 427-453, October.
- Aldrighi, Dante Mendes, 2003. "The Mechanisms of Corporate Governance in the United States: an Assessment," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 57(3), July.
- Shyam-Sunder, Lakshmi & C. Myers, Stewart, 1999. "Testing static tradeoff against pecking order models of capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 219-244, February.
- Hale, Galina & Santos, João A.C., 2008. "The decision to first enter the public bond market: The role of firm reputation, funding choices, and bank relationships," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1928-1940, September.
- Augusto Castillo R., 2001. "Long-Run Performance Of Stock Returns Following Junk Bond Offerings," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 4(1), pages 95-129.
- Daniel M. Covitz & Paul Harrison, 2003. "Do banks strategically time public bond issuance because of the accompanying disclosure, due diligence, and investor scrutiny?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nayar, Nandkumar (Nandu) & Stock, Duane, 2008. "Make-whole call provisions: A case of "much ado about nothing?"," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 387-404, September.
- Stewart C. Myers, 2001. "Capital Structure," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 81-102, Spring.
- David J. Brophy & Paige P. Ouimet & Clemens Sialm, 2004. "PIPE Dreams? The Performance of Companies Issuing Equity Privately," NBER Working Papers 11011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joo, Sang Lyong & Pruitt, Stephen W., 2006. "Corporate bond ratings changes and economic instability: Evidence from the Korean financial crisis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 12-20, January.
- Lakshmi Shyam-Sunder & Stewart C. Myers, 1994. "Testing Static Trade-off Against Pecking Order Models of Capital Structure," NBER Working Papers 4722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brooks, Raymond M. & Patel, Ajay, 2000. "Information conveyed by seasoned security offerings: evidence from components of the bid-ask spread," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 83-99, December.
- Daniel M. Covitz & Paul Harrison, 2000. "The timing of debt issuance and rating migration: theory and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Covitz, Daniel M. & Harrison, Paul, 2004. "Do banks time bond issuance to trigger disclosure, due diligence, and investor scrutiny?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 299-323, July.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M, 1996.
"How Different Is Japanese Corporate Finance? An Investigation of the Information Content of New Security Issues,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 109-139.
- Jun-Koo Kang & Rene M. Stulz, 1994. "How Different is Japanese Corporate Finance? An Investigation of the Information Content of New Security Issues," NBER Working Papers 4908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linn, Scott C. & Stock, Duane R., 2005. "The impact of junior debt issuance on senior unsecured debt's risk premiums," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1585-1609, June.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Yaman, Devrim, 2008. "The role of convertible bonds in alleviating contracting costs," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 792-816, November.
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN, 2017. "Do Shareholders Value Bond Offerings? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2017-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:26:y:1991:i:04:p:549-558_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.