The Use of Excess Cash and Debt Capacity as a Motive for Merger
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "A Re-examination of Traditional Hypotheses about the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 769-799, September.
- Livingston, Miles B & Jain, Suresh K, 1982. " Flattening of Bond Yield Curves for Long Maturities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 157-167, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tao, Qizhi & Sun, Wenjia & Zhu, Yingjun & Zhang, Ting, 2017. "Do firms have leverage targets? New evidence from mergers and acquisitions in China," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 41-54.
- McCabe, George M. & Yook, Ken C., 1997. "Jensen, Myers-Majluf, free cash flow and the returns to bidders," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 697-707.
- Oliver Budzinski & Jürgen-Peter Kretschmer, 2009. "Implications of Unprofitable Horizontal Mergers: A Positive External Effect does not Suffice to Clear a Merger!," Working Papers 84/09, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
- Francois Lantin & Pierre Roy, 2007. "L'impact de la notation financière sur les stratégies de croissance externe," Post-Print halshs-00692570, HAL.
- Karampatsas, Nikolaos & Petmezas, Dimitris & Travlos, Nickolaos G., 2014. "Credit ratings and the choice of payment method in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 474-493.
- Morellec, Erwan & Zhdanov, Alexei, 2008. "Financing and takeovers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 556-581, March.
- Dionysios Polemis & Dimitrios Gounopoulos, 2012. "Prediction of distress and identification of potential M&As targets in UK," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(11), pages 1085-1104, September.
- John S. Strong & John R. Meyer, 1990. "Sustaining Investment, Discretionary Investment, and Valuation: A Residual Funds Study of the Paper Industry," NBER Chapters,in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 127-148 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neuhauser, Karyn L. & Thompson, Thomas H., 2016. "Survivability following reverse stock splits: What determines the fate of non-surviving firms?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 1-22.
- Utz Weitzel & Killian J. McCarthy, 2011.
"Theory and evidence on mergers and acquisitions by small and medium enterprises,"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(2/3), pages 248-275.
- U. Weitzel & K. Mccarthy, 2009. "Theory and Evidence on Mergers and Acquisitions by Small and Medium Enterprises," Working Papers 09-21, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Anna Faelten & Miles Gietzmann & Valeriya Vitkova, 2015. "Learning from your investors: can the geographical composition of institutional investors affect the chance of success in international M&A deals?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(1), pages 47-69, February.
- Patrick Sentis, 1998. "Performances à long terme et caractéristiques financières des entreprises qui réduisent leurs effectifs," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(4), pages 115-150, December.
- Sarah Osborne & Dean Katselas & Larelle Chapple, 2012. "The preferences of private equity investors in selecting target acquisitions: An international investigation," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 37(3), pages 361-389, December.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Kretschmer, Jürgen-Peter, 2015. "Unprofitable horizontal mergers, external effects, and welfare," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 96, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Oliver Budzinski & Jürgen-Peter Kretschmer, 2007. "Implications of Unprofitable Horizontal Mergers: A Re-Interpretation of the Farrell-Shapiro-Framework," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200714, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Glambosky, Mina & Gleason, Kimberly & Murdock, Maryna, 2015. "Political risk and the factors that affect international bids," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 68-83.
- Schlingemann, Frederik P., 2004. "Financing decisions and bidder gains," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 683-701, November.
- Huffman, Stephen P. & Ward, David J., 1996. "The prediction of default for high yield bond issues," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 75-89.
- Yagil, Joseph, 1996. "Mergers and macro-economic factors," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-190.
- Uysal, Vahap B., 2011. "Deviation from the target capital structure and acquisition choices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 602-620.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:23:y:1988:i:02:p:199-217_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.