The Use of Excess Cash and Debt Capacity as a Motive for Merger
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 23 (1988)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ
- Sarah Osborne & Dean Katselas & Larelle Chapple, 2012. "The preferences of private equity investors in selecting target acquisitions: An international investigation," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 37(3), pages 361-389, December.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Kretschmer, Jürgen-Peter, 2015. "Unprofitable horizontal mergers, external effects, and welfare," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 96, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Oliver Budzinski & Jürgen-Peter Kretschmer, 2007. "Implications of Unprofitable Horizontal Mergers: A Re-Interpretation of the Farrell-Shapiro-Framework," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200714, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Tao, Qizhi & Sun, Wenjia & Zhu, Yingjun & Zhang, Ting, 2017. "Do firms have leverage targets? New evidence from mergers and acquisitions in China," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 41-54.
- Morellec, Erwan & Zhdanov, Alexei, 2008.
"Financing and takeovers,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 556-581, March.
- Erwan Morellec & Alexei Zhdanov, 2006. "Financing and Takeovers," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 06-22, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Patrick Sentis, 1998. "Performances à long terme et caractéristiques financières des entreprises qui réduisent leurs effectifs," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(4), pages 115-150, December.
- McCabe, George M. & Yook, Ken C., 1997. "Jensen, Myers-Majluf, free cash flow and the returns to bidders," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 697-707.
- Oliver Budzinski & Jürgen-Peter Kretschmer, 2009. "Implications of Unprofitable Horizontal Mergers: A Positive External Effect does not Suffice to Clear a Merger!," Working Papers 84/09, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Francois Lantin & Pierre Roy, 2007. "L'impact de la notation financière sur les stratégies de croissance externe," Post-Print halshs-00692570, HAL.
- Glambosky, Mina & Gleason, Kimberly & Murdock, Maryna, 2015. "Political risk and the factors that affect international bids," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 68-83.
- Schlingemann, Frederik P., 2004. "Financing decisions and bidder gains," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 683-701, November.
- Dionysios Polemis, 2012. "Prediction of distress and identification of potential M&As targets in UK," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(11), pages 1085-1104, September.
- Huffman, Stephen P. & Ward, David J., 1996. "The prediction of default for high yield bond issues," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 75-89.
- Karampatsas, Nikolaos & Petmezas, Dimitris & Travlos, Nickolaos G., 2014. "Credit ratings and the choice of payment method in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 474-493.
- John S. Strong & John R. Meyer, 1990. "Sustaining Investment, Discretionary Investment, and Valuation: A Residual Funds Study of the Paper Industry," NBER Chapters,in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 127-148 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neuhauser, Karyn L. & Thompson, Thomas H., 2016. "Survivability following reverse stock splits: What determines the fate of non-surviving firms?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1-22.
- Utz Weitzel & Killian J. McCarthy, 2011. "Theory and evidence on mergers and acquisitions by small and medium enterprises," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(2/3), pages 248-275.
- U. Weitzel & K. Mccarthy, 2009. "Theory and Evidence on Mergers and Acquisitions by Small and Medium Enterprises," Working Papers 09-21, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Yagil, Joseph, 1996. "Mergers and macro-economic factors," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-190.
- Uysal, Vahap B., 2011. "Deviation from the target capital structure and acquisition choices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 602-620.
- Anna Faelten & Miles Gietzmann & Valeriya Vitkova, 2015. "Learning from your investors: can the geographical composition of institutional investors affect the chance of success in international M&A deals?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(1), pages 47-69, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:23:y:1988:i:02:p:199-217_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed