An Examination of Risk-Return Relationship in Bull and Bear Markets Using Time-Varying Betas
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu-Lieh Huang, 2009. "Identifying turbulent and calm regimes in stock prices: evidence from the Taiwan stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(14), pages 1477-1481.
- Don U.A. Galagedera, 2004. "A survey on risk-return analysis," Finance 0406010, EconWPA.
- Eduardo Roca & Victor Wong, 2008. "An analysis of the sensitivity of Australian superannuation funds to market movements: a Markov regime switching approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 583-597.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Roland Shami, 2003.
"Association between Markov regime-switching market volatility and beta risk: Evidence from Dow Jones industrial securities,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
20/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Roland Shami, 2004. "Association between Markov regime-switching market volatility and beta risk: Evidence from Dow Jones industrial securities," Finance 0406011, EconWPA.
- Lunde A. & Timmermann A., 2004.
"Duration Dependence in Stock Prices: An Analysis of Bull and Bear Markets,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 253-273, July.
- Asger Lunde & Allan Timmermann, 2000. "Duration Dependence in Stock Prices: An Analysis of Bull and Bear Markets," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1216, Econometric Society.
- Lunde, Asger & Timmermann, Allan G, 2003. "Duration Dependence in Stock Prices: An Analysis of Bull and Bear Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 4104, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Srikanta Kundu & Nityananda Sarkar, 2016. "Is the Effect of Risk on Stock Returns Different in Up and Down Markets? A Multi-Country Study," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 8(2), pages 53-71, September.
- Safari, Meysam & TahmooresPour, Reza, 2011. "Moderation Effect of Market Condition on the Relationship between Dividend Yield and Stock Return," MPRA Paper 28913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cogneau, Philippe & Hübner, Georges, 2015. "The prediction of fund failure through performance diagnostics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 224-241.
- Eduardo Roca & Victor Wong & Gurudeo Tularam, 2010. "The Market Sensitivity of Australian Superannuation Socially Responsible Investment Funds. Evidence from a Markov Regime Switching Approach," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201012, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Dębski Wiesław & Feder-Sempach Ewa & Świderski Bartosz, 2014. "Intervalling Effect On Estimating The Beta Parameter For The Largest Companies On The WSE," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, De Gruyter Open, vol. 14(2), pages 270-286, December.
- Octave JOKUNG & Jean-Christophe MEYFREDI, 2004. "Improving the Market Model: The 4-State Model Alternative," Finance 0403006, EconWPA.
- Nikolaos G. Theriou & Vassilios P. Aggelidis & Dimitrios I. Maditinos & Željko Ševic, 2010. "Testing the relation between beta and returns in the Athens stock exchange," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(12), pages 1043-1056, October.
- Wu, Shue-Jen & Lee, Wei-Ming, 2015. "Intertemporal risk–return relationships in bull and bear markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 308-325.
- Soosung Hwang & Christian Pedersen, 2002. "On Empirical Risk Measurement with Asymmetric Returns Data," Working Papers wp02-03, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Hwang, Soosung & Pedersen, Christian S., 2004. "Asymmetric risk measures when modelling emerging markets equities: evidence for regional and timing effects," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 109-128, March.
- Korkmaz, Turhan & Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Birkan, Elif & Özataç, Nesrin, 2010. "Testing CAPM using Markov switching model: the case of coal firms," MPRA Paper 71479, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Kim, Moon K. & Ismail, Badr E., 1998. "An accounting analysis of the risk-return relationship in bull and bear markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 173-182.
- Woodward, George & Marisetty, Vijaya B., 2005. "Introducing non-linear dynamics to the two-regime market model: Evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-5), pages 559-581, September.
- Bejaoui, Azza & Karaa, Adel, 2016. "Revisiting the bull and bear markets notions in the Tunisian stock market: New evidence from multi-state duration-dependence Markov-switching models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 529-545.
- Chiao, Chaoshin & Hung, Ken & Srivastava, Suresh C., 2003. "Taiwan stock market and four-moment asset pricing model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 355-381, October.
- S. D. Bekiros & D. A. Georgoutsos, 2008.
"Direction-of-change forecasting using a volatility-based recurrent neural network,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 407-417.
- Bekiros, S. & Georgoutsos, D., 2006. "Direction-of-Change Forecasting using a Volatility- Based Recurrent Neural Network," CeNDEF Working Papers 06-16, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Wasim, Ahmad & Bandi, Kamaiah, 2011. "Identifying regime shifts in Indian stock market: A Markov switching approach," MPRA Paper 37174, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Mar 2012.
- Bekiros, Stelios D., 2013. "Irrational fads, short-term memory emulation, and asset predictability," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 213-219.
- Safari, Meysam, 2009. "Dividend Yield and Stock Return in Different Economic Environment: Evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 23841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kundu, Srikanta & Sarkar, Nityananda, 2016. "Return and volatility interdependences in up and down markets across developed and emerging countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 297-311.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:17:y:1982:i:02:p:265-286_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .