The Effect of Geography and Vitamin D on African American Stature in the Nineteenth Century: Evidence from Prison Records
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Komlos & Leonard Carlson, 2010.
"The Anthropometric History of Native Americans, c. 1820-1890,"
1006, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- John Komlos & Leonard Carlson, 2012. "The Anthropometric History of Native Americans, c. 1820 - 1890," CESifo Working Paper Series 3740, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bodenhorn, Howard & Guinnane, Timothy W. & Mroz, Thomas A., 2017.
"Sample-Selection Biases and the Industrialization Puzzle,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 77(01), pages 171-207, March.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Timothy W. Guinnane & Thomas A. Mroz, 2015. "Sample-selection biases and the “industrialization puzzle”," NBER Working Papers 21249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott A. Carson, 2008. "Demographic, Residential, and Socioeconomic Effects on the Distribution of 19th Century African-American Stature," CESifo Working Paper Series 2479, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0607-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Sunder, Marco, 2013. "The height gap in 19th-century America: Net-nutritional advantage of the elite increased at the onset of modern economic growth," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 245-258.
- Scott A. Carson, 2015. "The Weight of Inequality: Variation with Industrialization and Wealth," CESifo Working Paper Series 5629, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carson, Scott Alan, 2009. "Geography, insolation, and vitamin D in nineteenth century US African-American and white statures," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 149-159, January.
- Scott A. Carson, 2010. "Nineteenth Century Stature and Family Size: Binding Constraint or Productive Labor Force?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2999, CESifo Group Munich.
- Scott A. Carson, 2009. "Demographic, Residential, and Socioeconomic Effects on the Distribution of 19th Century US White Statures," CESifo Working Paper Series 2563, CESifo Group Munich.
- Scott Carson, 2011. "Demographic, residential, and socioeconomic effects on the distribution of nineteenth-century African-American stature," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1471-1491, October.
- Scott Carson, 2011. "Nineteenth century African-American and white US statures: the primary sources of vitamin D and their relationship with height," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Steckel, Richard H., 2009.
"Heights and human welfare: Recent developments and new directions,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Richard H. Steckel, 2008. "Heights and Human Welfare: Recent Developments and New Directions," NBER Working Papers 14536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Green, Tiffany L. & Hamilton, Tod G., 2013. "Beyond black and white: Color and mortality in post-reconstruction era North Carolina," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 148-159.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:68:y:2008:i:03:p:812-831_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.