The Baring Crisis and the Great Latin American Meltdown of the 1890s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carol H. Shiue & Wolfgang Keller, 2007.
"Markets in China and Europe on the Eve of the Industrial Revolution,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1189-1216.
- Carol H. Shiue & Wolfgang Keller, 2004. "Markets in China and Europe on the Eve of the Industrial Revolution," NBER Working Papers 10778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Shiue, Carol Hua, 2004. "Markets in China and Europe on the Eve of the Industrial Revolution," CEPR Discussion Papers 4420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert C. Allen, 2009. "Agricultural productivity and rural incomes in England and the Yangtze Delta, c.1620-c.1820 -super-1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 62(3), pages 525-550, August.
- O Rourke, Kevin H. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2002. "When did globalisation begin?," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 23-50, April.
- Roy, Tirthankar, 2011. "Economic History of India, 1857-1947," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780198074175.
- Robert Allen & Robert C. Allen, 2007. "Wages, Prices, and Living Standards in China, Japan, and Europe, 1738-1925," Economics Series Working Papers 316, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dobado, Rafael & Marrero, Gustavo A., 2005. "Corn Market Integration in Porfirian Mexico," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(01), pages 103-128, March.
- Gr da, Cormac & Chevet, Jean-Michel, 2002. "Famine And Market In Ancien R Gime France," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(03), pages 706-733, September.
- Broadberry, Stephen N & Gupta, Bishnupriya, 2005. "The Early Modern Great Divergence: Wages, Prices and Economic Development in Europe and Asia, 1500-1800," CEPR Discussion Papers 4947, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mette Ejrnæs & Karl Gunnar Persson & Søren Rich, 2004. "Feeding the British: Convergence and Market Efficiency in 19th Century Grain Trade," Discussion Papers 04-28, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Metzer, Jacob, 1974. "Railroad Development and Market Integration: The Case of Tsarist Russia," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 529-550, September.
- Allen, Robert C. & Bengtsson, Tommy & Dribe, Martin (ed.), 2005. "Living Standards in the Past: New Perspectives on Well-Being in Asia and Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199280681.
- Deepak Lal & Dietmar Rothermund & Erich Weede, 2004. "India," Chapters,in: Political Competition, Innovation and Growth in the History of Asian Civilizations, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jacks, David S., 2005. "Intra- and international commodity market integration in the Atlantic economy, 1800-1913," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 381-413, July.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2005. "Markets and famines in pre-industrial Europe," Open Access publications 10197/447, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- David Clingingsmith & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2005. "Mughal Decline, Climate Change, and Britainâ€™s Industrial Ascent:An Integrated Perspective on Indiaâ€™s 18th and 19th Century Deindustrialization," Working Papers id:241, eSocialSciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chavaz, Matthieu & Flandreau, Marc, 2017.
"“High & Dry”: The Liquidity and Credit of Colonial and Foreign Government Debt and the London Stock Exchange (1880–1910),"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 77(03), pages 653-691, September.
- Chavaz, Matthieu & Flandreau, Marc, 2016. ""High & Dry": The Liquidity and Credit of Colonial and Foreign Government Debt and the London Stock Exchange (1880-1910)," CEPR Discussion Papers 11679, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chambers, David & Esteves, Rui, 2014. "The first global emerging markets investor: Foreign & Colonial Investment Trust 1880–1913," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-21.
- Chavaz, Matthieu & Flandreau, Marc, 2015. "‘High and dry’: the liquidity and credit of colonial and foreign government debt in the London Stock Exchange (1880–1910)," Bank of England working papers 555, Bank of England.
- Richard S.Grossman, 2017.
"Beresford’s Revenge: British equity holdings in Latin America, 1869-1929,"
Wesleyan Economics Working Papers
2017-003, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Richard, 2017. "Beresford's Revenge: British equity holdings in Latin America, 1869-1929," CEPR Discussion Papers 12042, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sebastián Saiegh, 2013. "Political institutions and sovereign borrowing: evidence from nineteenth-century Argentina," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 61-75, July.
- Christopher M. Meissner, 2013. "Capital Flows, Credit Booms, and Financial Crises in the Classical Gold Standard Era," NBER Working Papers 18814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:68:y:2008:i:02:p:462-500_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .