Can Civil Law Countries Get Good Institutions? Lessons from the History of Creditor Rights and Bond Markets in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003.
"The Economic Tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
9865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martín, 2003. "The economic tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa," Economics Working Papers 684, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ndulu,Benno J. & O'Connell,Stephen A. & Bates,Robert H. & Collier,Paul & Soludo,Chukwuma C., 2009. "The Political Economy of Economic Growth in Africa, 1960â€“2000," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521127752, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Jacques-Marie Vaslin, 2013. "Waterloo: a Godsend for French Public Finances?," Working Papers 0041, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Rochat, Jean, 2017. "Les origines de la société anonyme en France: un cas pour penser les institutions de l'économie," Working Papers unige:94467, University of Geneva, Paul Bairoch Institute of Economic History.
- Vollrath, Dietrich, 2008.
"Agrarian Structure and Endogenous Financial System Development,"
11538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vollrath, Dietrich, 2008. "Agrarian Structure and Endogenous Financial System Development," MPRA Paper 12430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dietz Vollrath, 2008. "Agrarian Structure and Endogenous Financial System Development," Working Papers 2008-02, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Eric Hilt, 2009. "Wall Street's First Corporate Governance Crisis: The Panic of 1826," NBER Working Papers 14892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gu, Xian & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2016. "Creditor rights and the corporate bond market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 215-238.
- Luc Laeven, 2014. "The Development of Local Capital Markets; Rationale and Challenges," IMF Working Papers 14/234, International Monetary Fund.
- Turner, John D., 2014. "Financial history and financial economics," QUCEH Working Paper Series 14-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Musacchio, Aldo & Fritscher, André Martínez & Viarengo, Martina, 2014.
"Colonial Institutions, Trade Shocks, and the Diffusion of Elementary Education in Brazil, 1889–1930,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 74(03), pages 730-766, September.
- Aldo Musacchio & André Carlos Martínez Fritscher & Martina Viarengo, 2010. "Colonial Institutions, Trade Shocks, and the Diffusion of Elementary Education in Brazil, 1889-1930," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-075, Harvard Business School, revised Dec 2012.
- Pavel Ševcík, 2012. "Financial Contracts and the Political Economy of Investor Protection," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 163-197, October.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2015. "Growing Up to Stability? Financial Globalization, Financial Development and Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 21287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aldo Musacchio, 2010. "Law and Finance c. 1900," NBER Working Papers 16216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gu, Xian & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2014. "Law and Structure of the Capital Markets," Working Papers 14-20, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Andrei Shleifer & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Rafael La Porta, 2008.
"The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 285-332, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2007. "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins," NBER Working Papers 13608, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008. "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins," Scholarly Articles 2962610, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gu, Xian & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2015. "Creditor rights and corporate bond market," MPRA Paper 67022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arruñada Benito & Andonova Veneta, 2008. "Judges' Cognition and Market Order," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 665-692, December.
- Rochat, Jean, 2016. "Change for continuity: the making of the société anonyme in 19th century france," Working Papers unige:90196, University of Geneva, Paul Bairoch Institute of Economic History.
- Prabirjit Sarkar, 2009.
"Do the English Legal Origin Countries have More Dispersed Share Ownership and More Developed Financial Systems?,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 73-86.
- Prabirjit Sarkar, 2008. "Do the English Legal Origin Countries have more dispersed Share Ownership and more developed financial Systems?," Working Papers wp375, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Le Bris, David, 2013. "Customary versus Civil Law within Old Regime France," MPRA Paper 52123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Price, Richard & Román, Francisco J. & Rountree, Brian, 2011. "The impact of governance reform on performance and transparency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 76-96, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:68:y:2008:i:01:p:80-108_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.