Did Takahashi Korekiyo Rescue Japan from the Great Depression?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert A. Margo, 2000.
"Wages and Labor Markets in the United States, 1820-1860,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number marg00-1, January.
- Margo, Robert A., 2000. "Wages and Labor Markets in the United States, 1820-1860," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226505077.
- Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn Everett, 1992. "“Square Deal” or Raw Deal? Market Compensation for Workplace Disamenities, 1884–1903," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(04), pages 826-848, December.
- Robert A. Margo, 2000. "Introduction to "Wages and Labor Markets in the United States, 1820-1860"," NBER Chapters,in: Wages and Labor Markets in the United States, 1820-1860, pages 1-5 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Josh Ryan-Collins, 2015. "Is Monetary Financing Inflationary? A Case Study of the Canadian Economy, 1935-75," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_848, Levy Economics Institute.
- Asuka Imaizumi & Kaori Ito & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Impact of Natural Disasters on Industrial Agglomeration: A Case of the 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-602, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Masato Shizume, 2007. "A Reassessment of Japan's Monetary Policy during the Great Depression: The Constraints and Remedies," Discussion Paper Series 208, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Paul, Saumik, 2017. "The Role of Structural Transformation in Regional Convergence in Japan: 1874-2008," Discussion Paper Series 665, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2016. "The Great Depression in a Modern Mirror," De Economist, Springer, vol. 164(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Arimoto, Yutaka & Lee, Changmin, 2014. "Did Japanese direct investment in Korea suppress indigenous industrialization in the 1930s? : evidence from country-level factory entry patterns," IDE Discussion Papers 450, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Nicolas-Guillaume Martineau & Gregor W. Smith, 2015.
"Identifying fiscal policy (in)effectiveness from the differential counter-cyclicality of government spending in the interwar period,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1291-1320, November.
- Nicolas-Guillaume Martineau & Gregor W. Smith, 2014. "Identifying Fiscal Policy (In)effectiveness from the Differential Counter-Cyclicality of Government Spending in the Interwar Period," Working Papers 1290, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Eleftherios Giovanis, 2010. "Application of logit model and self-organizing maps (SOMs) for the prediction of financial crisis periods in US economy," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 98-125, June.
- Robert W. Dimand & Masazumi Wakatabe, 2011. "The Kyoto University Economic Review (1926–44) as Importer and Exporter of Economic Ideas: Bringing Lausanne, Cambridge, Vienna and Marx to Japan," Chapters,in: The Dissemination of Economic Ideas, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Imaizumi, Asuka & Ito, Kaori & Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2016. "Impact of natural disasters on industrial agglomeration: The case of the Great Kantō Earthquake in 1923," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 52-68.
- Solomou, Solomos & Shimazaki, Masao, 2007. "Japanese episodic long swings in economic growth," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 224-241, April.
- Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2007. "Micro-aspects of monetary policy: Lender of Last Resort and selection of banks in pre-war Japan," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 657-679, October.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Thomas Lagoarde-Segot, 2013. "Trading patterns at the Tokyo Stock Exchange, 1931-1940," CEH Discussion Papers 012, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Shibamoto, Masahiko & Shizume, Masato, 2014.
"Exchange rate adjustment, monetary policy and fiscal stimulus in Japan's escape from the Great Depression,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-18.
- Masahiko Shibamoto & Masato Shizume, 2014. "Exchange Rate Adjustment, Monetary Policy and Fiscal Stimulus in Japan's Escape from the Great Depression," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-12, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:63:y:2003:i:01:p:127-144_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.