Economic Integration and Convergence: U.S. Regions, 1840–1987
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabien Candau, 2011. "Is Agglomeration Desirable?," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 101-102, pages 203-227.
- Julio Martinez-Galarraga & Daniel A. Tirado & Rafael González-Val, 2015.
"Market potential and regional economic growth in Spain (1860–1930),"
European Review of Economic History,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 335-358.
- Rafael GonzÃ¡lez-Val & Julio MartÃnez-Galarraga & Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat, 2014. "Market Potential and Regional Economic Growth in Spain, 1860-1930," ERSA conference papers ersa14p635, European Regional Science Association.
- Julio Martínez-Galarraga & Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat & Rafael González-Val, 2014. "Market Potential and Regional Economic Growth in Spain, 1860-1930," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1409, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Zeynep K. Hansen & Marc T. Law, 2008.
"The Political Economy of Truth-in-Advertising Regulation during the Progressive Era,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 251-269, May.
- Zeynep Hansen & Marc T. Law, 2006. "The Political Economy of "Truth-in-Advertising" Regulation During the Progressive Era," NBER Working Papers 11927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosés, Joan Ramón & Martínez-Galarraga, Julio & Tirado, Daniel A., 2010.
"The upswing of regional income inequality in Spain (1860-1930),"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 244-257, April.
- Tirado, Daniel A. & Rosés, Joan R. & Martínez-Galarraga, Julio, 2009. "The upswing of regional income inequality in Spain (1860-1930)," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp09-05, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Fabien Candau, 2009. "Real exchange rate and competitiveness of an EU’s ultra-peripheral region: La Reunion Island," Working Papers hal-01847946, HAL.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Lafourcade, Miren & Thisse, Jacques-François & Toutain, Jean-Claude, 2011.
"The rise and fall of spatial inequalities in France: A long-run perspective,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 243-271, April.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse & Jean-Claude Toutain, 2008. "The rise and fall of spatial inequalities in France: A long-run perspective," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586214, HAL.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse & Jean-Claude Toutain, 2008. "The rise and fall of spatial inaqualities in France : a long-run perspective," PSE Working Papers halshs-00349293, HAL.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Lafourcade, Miren & Thisse, Jacques-François & Toutain, Jean-Claude, 2008. "The Rise and Fall of Spatial Inequalities in France: a Long-Run Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 7017, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse & Jean-Claude Toutain, 2011. "The rise and fall of spatial inequalities in France: A long-run perspective," Post-Print halshs-00754544, HAL.
- COMBES, Pierre-Philippe & LAFOURCADE, Miren & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois & TOUTAIN, Jean-Claude, 2011. "The rise and fall of spatial inequalities in France: A long-run perspective," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2306, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vittorio Daniele & Paolo Malanima, 2014. "Falling disparities and persisting dualism: Regional development and industrialisation in Italy, 1891–2001," Investigaciones de Historia Económica (IHE) Journal of the Spanish Economic History Association, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica, vol. 10(03), pages 165-176.
- Matthew A. COLE & Robert J R ELLIOTT & OKUBO Toshihiro & Eric STROBL, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Industrial Clusters and Manufacturing Plant Survival," Discussion papers 15008, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Fukao, Kyoji & Paul, Saumik, 2018. "A Framework to Study the Role of Structural Transformation in Productivity Growth and Regional Convergence," ADBI Working Papers 833, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Daniel A. Tirado Fabregat & Alfonso Díez-Minguela & Julio Martínez-Galarraga, 2015.
"A closer look at the long-term patterns of regional income inequality in Spain: The poor stay poor (and stay together),"
Working Papers. Serie EC
2015-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat & Alfonso Díez-Minguela & Julio Martínez-Galarraga, 2015. "A closer look at the long-term patterns of regional income inequality in Spain: the poor stay poor (and stay together)," Working Papers 0087, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Crafts, Nicholas & Mulatu, Abay, 2006.
"How Did the Location of Industry Respond to Falling Transport Costs in Britain Before World War I?,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(03), pages 575-607, September.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Mulatu, Abay, 2004. "How did the location of industry respond to falling transport costs in Britain before World War 1?," Economic History Working Papers 22555, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Desmet, Klaus & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2015. "The Geography of Development Within Countries," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Julio Martínez-Galarraga & Elisenda Paluzie & Jordi Pons & Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat, 2008. "Agglomeration and labour productivity in Spain over the long term," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 2(3), pages 195-212, October.
- Kim, Sukkoo, 1999. "The Rise of Multiunit Firms in U.S. Manufacturing," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 360-386, October.
- Claudia Olivetti, 2014.
"The Female Labor Force and Long-Run Development: The American Experience in Comparative Perspective,"
NBER Chapters,in: Human Capital in History: The American Record, pages 161-197
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudia Olivetti, 2013. "The Female Labor Force and Long-run Development: The American Experience in Comparative Perspective," NBER Working Papers 19131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gyawali, Buddhi & Fraser, Rory & Bukenya, James & Schelhas, John, 2008. "Income Convergence in a Rural, Majority African-American Region," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 45-65.
- Alfonso Díez-Minguela & Rafael González-Val & Julio Martinez-Galarraga & M. Teresa Sanchis & Daniel A. Tirado, 2017. "The long-term relationship between economic development and regional inequality: South-West Europe, 1860-2010," Working Papers 0119, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Fukao, Kyoji & Paul, Saumik, 2017. "The Role of Structural Transformation in Regional Convergence in Japan: 1874-2008," Discussion Paper Series 665, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- José Aguilar-Retureta, 2015. "Regional income distribution in Mexico: new long-term evidence, 1895-2010," UB Economics Working Papers 2015/323, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
- Brown, Jason P. & Pender, John & Wiser, Ryan & Lantz, Eric & Hoen, Ben, 2012. "Ex post analysis of economic impacts from wind power development in U.S. counties," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1743-1754.
- Hasan Engin Duran, 2014. "Short-Run Dynamics of Income Disparities and Regional Cycle Synchronization in the U.S," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 292-332, June.
- Jacks, David S., 2005. "Intra- and international commodity market integration in the Atlantic economy, 1800-1913," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 381-413, July.
- Salisbury, Laura, 2014. "Selective migration, wages, and occupational mobility in nineteenth century America," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 40-63.
- Joseph P. Ferrie, 2005. "History Lessons: The End of American Exceptionalism? Mobility in the United States Since 1850," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 199-215, Summer.
- Stohr, Christian, 2016. "Multiple core regions: regional inequality in switzerland, 1860 to 2008," Working Papers unige:86943, University of Geneva, Paul Bairoch Institute of Economic History.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:58:y:1998:i:03:p:659-683_02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.