The Rise and Fall of Indentured Servitude in the Americas: An Economic Analysis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/4vc7skecu3q7u7s984ph8b1c5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Slobodan Djajić, 2015. "Financial Support from the Family Network and Illegal Immigration," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 387-403, May.
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev, 2006.
"Smuggling Humans: A Theory of Debt-financed Migration,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(6), pages 1085-1111, December.
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev, 2002. "Smuggling Humans: A Theory of Debt-Financed Migration," Working Papers w0058, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR), revised Dec 2005.
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev, 2006. "Smuggling humans: A theory of debt-financed migration," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/ir3267m2793, Sciences Po.
- Friebel, Guido & Guriev, Sergei, 2004. "Smuggling Humans: A Theory of Debt-Financed Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 1025, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Friebel, Guido & Guriev, Sergei, 2004. "Smuggling Humans: A Theory of Debt-Financed Migration," CEPR Discussion Papers 4305, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2013. "Undocumented migrants in debt," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 15-24.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9868-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Sgard, 2009. "Bankruptcy Laws: Part of a Global History," Working Papers hal-00972713, HAL.
- Ferrie, Joseph & Hatton, Timothy J., 2013. "Two Centuries of International Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 7866, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:aea:jeclit:v:55:y:2017:i:4:p:1311-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Sgard, 2009. "Bankruptcy Laws: Part of a Global History," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4vc7skecu3q, Sciences Po.
- Charles C. Cox & Roger E. Meiners, 2001. "Private Employment of Prison Labor," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 17(Fall 2001), pages 1-51.
- repec:eee:poleco:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:108-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2014. "Liquidity-constrained migrants," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 210-224.
- Sukkoo Kim, 2007. "Immigration, Industrial Revolution and Urban Growth in the United States, 1820-1920: Factor Endowments, Technology and Geography," NBER Working Papers 12900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikolova, Elena & Nikolova, Milena, 2017.
"Suffrage, labour markets and coalitions in colonial Virginia,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 108-122.
- Nikolova, Elena & Nikolova, Milena, 2016. "Suffrage, Labour Markets and Coalitions in Colonial Virginia," IZA Discussion Papers 10226, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Suresh Naidu & Yaw Nyarko & Shing-Yi Wang, 2016. "Monopsony Power in Migrant Labor Markets: Evidence from the United Arab Emirates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(6), pages 1735-1792.
- Djajic, Slobodan & Kirdar, Murat G. & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2016. "Source-country earnings and emigration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 46-67.
- Ran Abramitzky & Leah Boustan, 2017. "Immigration in American Economic History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1311-1345, December.
- Rosenbloom, Joshua L., 2018. "The Colonial American Economy," ISU General Staff Papers 201802270800001002, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Eric Edmonds, 2007. "Institutional Influences on Human Capital Accumulation: Micro Evidence from Children Vulnerable to Bondage," Working Papers id:1109, eSocialSciences.
- Ho, Chi Pui, 2016. "GeoPopulation-Institution Hypothesis: Reconciling American Development Process and Reversal of Fortune within a Unified Growth Framework," MPRA Paper 73863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grubb, Farley, 2000. "The Statutory Regulation of Colonial Servitude: An Incomplete-Contract Approach," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 42-75, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:44:y:1984:i:01:p:1-26_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.