Pharmaceutical Firms and the Transition to Biotechnology: A Study in Strategic Innovation
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roijakkers, Nadine & Hagedoorn, John, 2006. "Inter-firm R&D partnering in pharmaceutical biotechnology since 1975: Trends, patterns, and networks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 431-446, April.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Massimo Riccaboni & Fabio Pammolli & Walter W. Powell, 2002.
"A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences,"
INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 24-43, January.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Massimo Riccaboni & Fabio Pammolli & Walter W. Powell, 2001. "A Comparison of U.S. And European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences," LEM Papers Series 2001/03, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Owen-Smith, Jason & Riccaboni, Massimo & Pammolli, Fabio & Powell, Walter W., 2002. "A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences," MPRA Paper 15963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lazonick, William & Tulum, Öner, 2011. "US biopharmaceutical finance and the sustainability of the biotech business model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1170-1187.
- Bruce Rasmussen, 2010. "Innovation and Commercialisation in the Biopharmaceutical Industry," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13680, November.
- Krogmann, Yin & Riedel, Nadine & Schwalbe, Ulrich, 2013. "Inter-firm R&D networks in pharmaceutical biotechnology: What determines firm's centrality-based partnering capability," FZID Discussion Papers 75-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Linn, 2004.
"Market Size in Innovation: Theory and Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 1049-1090.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Linn, 2003. "Market Size in Innovation: Theory and Evidence From the Pharmaceutical Industry," NBER Working Papers 10038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Linn, 2004. "Market Size in Innovation: Theory and Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry," Levine's Working Paper Archive 228400000000000002, David K. Levine.
- Bastian Rake, 2017.
"Determinants of pharmaceutical innovation: the role of technological opportunities revisited,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 691-727, September.
- Bastian Rake, 2012. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-018, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Bastian Rake, 2013. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," DRUID Working Papers 13-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Fiedler, Marina & Welpe, Isabell M., 2010. "Antecedents of cooperative commercialisation strategies of nanotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 400-410, April.
- Krogmann, Yin & Schwalbe, Ulrich, 2011. "Inter-firm R&D networks in the global pharmaceutical biotechnology industry during 1985 - 1998: A conceptual and empirical analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 38-2011, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Versaevel, Bruno, 2017. "One Lab, Two Firms, Many Possibilities: on R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," MPRA Paper 76903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro & Pier Saviotti, 2014.
"Knowledge characteristics and the dynamics of technological alliances in pharmaceuticals: empirical evidence from Europe, US and Japan,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 587-622, July.
- Krafft Jackie & Quatraro Francesco & Saviotti Pier Paolo, 2011. "Knowledge characteristics and the dynamics of technological alliances in Pharmaceuticals: Empirical evidence from Europe, US and Japan," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201113, University of Turin.
- Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro & Pier-Paolo Saviotti, 2014. "Knowledge characteristics and the dynamics of technological alliances in Pharmaceuticals: Empirical evidence from Europe, US and Japan," Post-Print hal-01070561, HAL.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:2:p:395-414 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Backfisch, 2018. "The Development of Firm Size and Innovativeness in the Pharmaceutical industry between 1989 and 2010," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201813, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Achilladelis, Basil & Antonakis, Nicholas, 2001. "The dynamics of technological innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 535-588, April.
- Kneller, Robert, 2003. "Autarkic drug discovery in Japanese pharmaceutical companies: insights into national differences in industrial innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1805-1827, December.
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Orsenigo, Luigi & Pammolli, Fabio, 2000. "Global Competitiveness in Pharmaceuticals: A European Perspective," MPRA Paper 15965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franco Malerba & Luigi Orsenigo, 2000. "Towards a History Friendly Model of Innovation, Market Structure and Regulation in the Dynamics of the Pharmaceutical Industry: the Age of Random Screening," KITeS Working Papers 124, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2001.
- Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie, 2007. "The nanotech versus the biotech revolution: Sources of productivity in incumbent firm research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 832-849, July.
- Eric Jolivet & Caroline Lanciano-Morandat & Hiroatsu Nohara & Daniel Pardo, 2009. "Biopharmaceutical entrepreneurship in two Japanese and French bioclusters: differences in founder profiles and experience," Post-Print halshs-00424901, HAL.
- Chataway, Joanna & Hanlin, Rebecca & Mugwagwa, Julius & Muraguri, Lois, 2010. "Global health social technologies: Reflections on evolving theories and landscapes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1277-1288, December.
- Wei Teng, Chih & Foley, Lucy & O'Neill, Peter & Hicks, Chris, 2014. "An analysis of supply chain strategies in the regenerative medicine industry—Implications for future development," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 211-225.
- Hopkins, Michael M. & Martin, Paul A. & Nightingale, Paul & Kraft, Alison & Mahdi, Surya, 2007. "The myth of the biotech revolution: An assessment of technological, clinical and organisational change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 566-589, May.
- Roijakkers, Nadine & Hagedoorn, John & van Kranenburg, Hans, 2005. "Dual market structures and the likelihood of repeated ties - evidence from pharmaceutical biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 235-245, March.
- Moritz Müller & Robin COWAN & Geert Duysters & Nicolas JONARD, 2009. "Knowledge Structures," Working Papers of BETA 2009-24, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:buhirw:v:72:y:1998:i:02:p:250-278_07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_BHR .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.