Efficiency and economies of scale of large Canadian banks
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Jason Allen & Ying Liu, 2005. "Efficiency and Economies of Scale of Large Canadian Banks," Staff Working Papers 05-13, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diego Restrepo-Tobón & Subal Kumbhakar & Kai Sun, 2015. "Obelix vs. Asterix: Size of US commercial banks and its regulatory challenge," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 125-168, October.
- Diego A. Restrepo-Tobón & Subal C. Kumbhakar & Kai Sun, 2013. "Are U.S. Commercial Banks Too Big?," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 010943, Universidad EAFIT.
- Christian Calm¨¨s & Raymond Th¨¦oret, 2013. "Is the Canadian Banking System Really ¡°Stronger¡± than the U.S. One?," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 1-18, November.
- Scott J. Dressler, 2011.
"Economies Of Scale In Banking, Indeterminacy, And Monetary Policy,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(1), pages 185-193, January.
- Dressler, Scott, 2008. "Economies of scale in banking, indeterminacy, and monetary policy," MPRA Paper 8370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dressler, Scott J., 2009.
"Economies of scale in banking, confidence shocks, and business cycles,"
13310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scott J. Dressler & Erasmus K. Kersting, 2012. "Economies of Scale in Banking, Confidence Shocks, and Business Cycles," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 18, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- repec:pra:mprapa:54437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guidara, Alaa & Lai, Van Son & Soumaré, Issouf & Tchana, Fulbert Tchana, 2013.
"Banks’ capital buffer, risk and performance in the Canadian banking system: Impact of business cycles and regulatory changes,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3373-3387.
- Guidara, Alaa & Lai, Van Son & Soumaré, Issouf & Tchana Tchana, Fulbert, 2013. "Banks’ Capital Buffer, Risk and Performance in the Canadian Banking System: Impact of Business Cycles and Regulatory Changes," MPRA Paper 44105, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Farruggio, Christian & Uhde, André, 2015. "Determinants of loan securitization in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 12-27.
- Simper, Richard & Dadoukis, Aristeidis & Bryce, Cormac, 2019. "European bank loan loss provisioning and technological innovative progress," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 119-130.
- Sakarya, Burchan, 2013. "A look at the Structural Bank Regulation initiatives and a discussion over Turkish banking sector," MPRA Paper 69195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burçhan Sakarya, 2013. "A Look at the Structural Bank Regulation Initiatives and a Discussion over Turkish Banking Sector?," EY International Congress on Economics I (EYC2013), October 24-25, 2013, Ankara, Turkey 21, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- Benjamin Hippert & André Uhde & Sascha Tobias Wengerek, 2019. "Determinants of CDS trading on major banks," Working Papers Dissertations 51, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Thorsten V. Koeppl & James MacGee, 2007. "Branching Out: The Urgent Need to Transform Canada’s Financial Landscape and How to Do It," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 251, June.
- Michalak, Tobias C. & Uhde, André, 2012. "Credit risk securitization and bank soundness in Europe," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 272-285.
- Christian Calmès & Raymond Théoret, 2013. "Is the Canadian banking system really “stronger” than the U.S. one?," RePAd Working Paper Series UQO-DSA-wp022013, Département des sciences administratives, UQO.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:40:y:2007:i:1:p:225-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.