The Infant-Export Industry Argument
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klinger, Bailey & Lederman, Daniel, 2004. "Discovery and development : an empricial exploration of"new"products," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3450, The World Bank.
- Chisik, Richard, 2003.
"Export industry policy and reputational comparative advantage,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 423-451, March.
- Richard Chisik, 2010. "Export Industry Policy and Reputational Comparative Advantage," Working Papers 017, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Cagé, Julia & Rouzet, Dorothée, 2015.
"Improving “national brands”: Reputation for quality and export promotion strategies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 274-290.
- Julia Cagé & Dorothée Rouzet, 2014. "Improving "National Brands": Reputation for Quality and Export Promotion Strategies," PSE Working Papers halshs-00797006, HAL.
- Julia Cage & Dorothée Rouzet, 2015. "Improving “National Brands”: Reputation for Quality and Export Promotion Strategies," Post-Print hal-01167909, HAL.
- Julia Cage & Dorothée Rouzet, 2015. "Improving “National Brands”: Reputation for Quality and Export Promotion Strategies," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2si2or72bc8, Sciences Po.
- Gene M. Grossman & Henrik Horn, 1988.
"Infant-Industry Protection Reconsidered: The Case of Informational Barriers to Entry,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 103(4), pages 767-787.
- Gene M. Grossman & Henrik Horn, 1987. "Infant-Industry Protection Reconsidered: The Case of Informational Barriers to Entry," NBER Working Papers 2159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klinger, Bailey & Lederman, Daniel, 2006. "Diversification, innovation, and imitation inside the Global Technological Frontier," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3872, The World Bank.
- Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Industrial Organization and Product Quality: Evidence from South Korean and Taiwanese Exports,"
NBER Chapters,in: Empirical Studies of Strategic Trade Policy, pages 195-210
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 1988. "Industrial Organization and Product Quality: Evidence From South Korean and Taiwanese Exports," NBER Working Papers 2722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marin, Dalia, 1990. "Tying in International Trade," Munich Reprints in Economics 3114, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Peter Egger & Christian Keuschnigg, 2015.
"Innovation, Trade, and Finance,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 121-157, May.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Peter Egger, 2010. "Innovation, Trade and Finance," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2010 2010-08, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Egger, Peter & Keuschnigg, Christian, 2011. "Innovation, Trade, and Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 8467, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Egger & Christian Keuschnigg, 2011. "Innovation, Trade, and Finance," CESifo Working Paper Series 3529, CESifo Group Munich.
- Haucap, Justus & Wey, Christian & Barmbold, Jens, 2000.
"Location costs, product quality and implicit franchise contracts,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 69-87, October.
- Justus Haucap & Christian Wey & Jens Barmbold, 1998. "Location Costs, Product Quality, and Implicit Franchise Contracts," CIG Working Papers FS IV 98-08, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal, 2006. "The case for industrial policy : a critical survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3839, The World Bank.
- Alessandro Nicita & Marcelo Olarreaga & Isidro Soloaga, 2003. "The Region as an Export Platform to the World? The Case of Mercosur," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 442-451.
- Hoff, Karla, 1997. "Bayesian learning in an infant industry model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 409-436, November.
- Katayama, Seiichi & Miyagiwa, Kaz, 2009. "FDI as a signal of quality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 127-130, June.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:248521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bailey Klinger, 2007. "Uncertainty in the Search for New Exports," CID Working Papers 16, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Donges, Juergen B. & Hiemenz, Ulrich, 1985. "Export liberalization and the outward oriented trade regime," Kiel Working Papers 241, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Raff, Horst & Kim, Young-Han, 1999. "Optimal export policy in the presence of informational barriers to entry and imperfect competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 99-123, October.
- Stephen DeLoach & Jayoti Das, 2008.
"Resolving the paradox of social standards and export competitiveness,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 467-483.
- Stephen B. DeLoach & Jayoti Das, 2008. "Resolving the Paradox of Social Standards and Export Competitiveness," Working Papers 2008-03, Elon University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Lederman & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2006. "Recent Evidence on Private Sector Capabilities, Trade Liberalization, Foreign Direct Investment, and Deregulation Are Not Enough," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8204, The World Bank.
- Klinger, Bailey & Lederman, Daniel, 2011.
"Export discoveries, diversification and barriers to entry,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 64-83, March.
- Klinger, Bailey & Lederman, Daniel, 2010. "Export discoveries, diversification and barriers to entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5366, The World Bank.
- Daniel Lederman & William F. Maloney, 2012. "Does What You Export Matter? In Search of Empirical Guidance for Industrial Policies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9371.
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E. M., 1995. "Optimal industrial targeting with unknown learning-by-doing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 275-295, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:17:y:1984:i:2:p:249-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.