Macroeconomics and life satisfaction: Revisiting the "misery index"
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Belzil & Jörgen Hansen, 2002.
"Earnings Dispersion, Risk Aversion and Education,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Christian Belzil & Jörgen Hansen, 2004. "Earnings Dispersion, Risk Aversion and Education," Post-Print halshs-00180125, HAL.
- Belzil, Christian & Hansen, Jörgen, 2002. "Earnings Dispersion, Risk Aversion and Education," IZA Discussion Papers 513, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Belzil & Jörgen Hansen, 2004. "Earnings Dispersion, Risk Aversion and Education," Working Papers 0406, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Belzil, Christian & Hansen, Jörgen, 2002. "Earnings Dispersion, Risk Aversion and Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 3600, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Li, Tong, 2000. "Estimation of nonlinear errors-in-variables models: a simulated minimum distance estimator," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-248, April.
- Amemiya, Yasuo, 1985. "Instrumental variable estimator for the nonlinear errors-in-variables model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 273-289, June.
- Shigeru Iwata, 2001. "Recentered And Rescaled Instrumental Variable Estimation Of Tobit And Probit Models With Errors In Variables," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 319-335.
- Hartog, Joop & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada & Jonker, Nicole, 2002. "Linking Measured Risk Aversion to Individual Characteristics," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 3-26.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1979. "Uncertainty and the Accumulation of Human Capital over the Life Cycle," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 521-548, October.
- Stacey Chen, 2001. "Is Investing in College Education Risky?," Discussion Papers 01-09, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Levhari, David & Weiss, Yoram, 1974. "The Effect of Risk on the Investment in Human Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 950-963, December.
- Hogan, Vincent & Ian Walker, 2002. "Education Choice under Uncertainty," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 103, Royal Economic Society.
- Li, Tong & Hsiao, Cheng, 2004. "Robust estimation of generalized linear models with measurement errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 51-65.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:old:wpaper:342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher Ambrey & Christopher Fleming, 2014. "Life Satisfaction in Australia: Evidence from Ten Years of the HILDA Survey," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 115(2), pages 691-714, January.
- Ewa, Lechman, 2009. "Okun`s and Barro`s Misery Index as an alternative poverty assessment tool. Recent estimations for European countries," MPRA Paper 37493, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:52:y:2016:i:c:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Darren Grant, 2009. "What Makes a Good Economy? An Analysis of Survey Data," Working Papers 0909, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Cahill, Kevin E. & McNamara, Tay K. & Pitt-Catsouphes, Marcie & Valcour, Monique, 2015. "Linking shifts in the national economy with changes in job satisfaction, employee engagement and work–life balance," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 40-54.
- repec:zbw:hohpro:342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Ha & Duncan, Alan, 2015.
"Macroeconomic fluctuations in home countries and immigrants’ well-being: New evidence from Down Under,"
69593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2016.
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Alan Duncan, 2015. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Home Countries and Immigrants’ Wellbeing: New Evidence from Down Under," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1502, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon, 2015. "IQ and the wellbeing of nations," MPRA Paper 66356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge M. Streb, 2011. "Estabilización económica e incentivos políticos," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 461, Universidad del CEMA.
- Malte Hübner & Marcus Klemm, 2015. "Preferences over inflation and unemployment in Europe: a north–south divide?," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 62(4), pages 319-335, December.
- Mayes, David G. & Paloviita, Maritta & Virén, Matti, 2016. "EMU and the Anchoring of Inflation Expectations," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 69(4), pages 341-364.
- Oliver Picek, 2017. "The "Magic Square" of Economic Policy measured by a Macroeconomic Performance Index," Working Papers 1702, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:preprint:id:658:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heinz Welsch & Jan Kühling, 2011. "Comparative Economic Performance and Institutional Change in OECD Countries: Evidence from Subjective Well-Being Data," Working Papers V-342-11, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2011.
- Mayes David & Paloviita Maritta & Viren Matti, 2015. "The EMU and the anchoring of inflation expectations?," Discussion Papers 103, Aboa Centre for Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsmisery index; social welfare function; inflation; unemployment; subjective wellbeing; life satisfaction;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cem:jaecon:v:10:y:2007:n:2:p:237-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemaaar.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .