A New Functional Form for Estimating Lorenz Curves
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarabia, J. -M. & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J., 1999. "An ordered family of Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-60, July.
- Kwang Soo Cheong, 1999. "A Comparison of Alternative Functional Forms For Parametric Estimation of the Lorenz Curve," Working Papers 199902, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Rohde, 2008. "An alternative functional form for estimating the lorenz curve," Discussion Papers Series 384, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Rohde, Nicholas, 2009. "An alternative functional form for estimating the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 61-63, October.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & William E. Griffiths, 2016. "Inference for Lorenz Curves," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2022, The University of Melbourne.
- Sarabia, José María & Castillo, Enrique & Pascual, Marta & Sarabia, María, 2005. "Mixture Lorenz curves," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 89-94, October.
- Navarro Espigares, J.L. & Hernández Torres, E., 2004. "Distribución y redistribución de la renta en la literatura española reciente," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 29-65, Abril.
- Francois, Joseph F. & Rojas-Romagosa, Hugo, 2005.
"The construction and interpretation of combined cross-section and time-series inequality datasets,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3748, The World Bank.
- Joseph Francois & Hugo Rojas-Romagosa, 2007. "The Construction and Interpretation of Combined Cross-Section and Time-Series Inequality Datasets," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070805, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Joseph F. Francois & Hugo Rojas-Romagosa, 2005. "The Construction and Interpretation of Combined Cross-Section and Time-Series Inequality Datasets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-079/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francois, Joseph & Rojas-Romagosa, Hugo, 2005. "The Construction and Interpretation of Combined Cross-Section and Time-Series Inequality Datasets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- WANG, Zuxiang & SMYTH, Russell & NG, Yew-Kwang, 2009. "A new ordered family of Lorenz curves with an application to measuring income inequality and poverty in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 218-235, June.
- Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2003. "The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 153-159, February.
- ZuXiang Wang & Yew-Kwang Ng & Russell Smyth, 2007. "Revisiting The Ordered Family Of Lorenz Curves," Monash Economics Working Papers 19-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Gebauer, Judith & Schober, Franz, 2005. "Information System Flexibility and the Performance of Business Processes," Working Papers 05-0112, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Malcolm Asadoorian, 2008. "Simulating the spatial distribution of population and emissions to 2100," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 39(3), pages 199-221, March.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Gouranga Rao, U. L., 1996. "A new functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 21-29, July.
- Ferreira, Luisa, 1996. "Poverty and inequality during structural adjustment in rural Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1641, The World Bank.
- Melanie Krause, 2014.
"Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 905-929, December.
- Krause, Melanie, 2012. "Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 67390, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Rao, U. L. Gouranga, 2000. "Hybrid models of the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 39-44, October.
- Masato Okamoto, 2014. "Interpolating the Lorenz Curve: Methods to Preserve Shape and Remain Consistent with the Concentration Curves for Components," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(2), pages 349-384, June.
- Chang, Andrew C. & Li, Phillip & Martin, Shawn M., 2017. "Comparing Cross-Country Estimates of Lorenz Curves Using a Dirichlet Distribution Across Estimators and Datasets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-062, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sarabia, José María & Gómez-Déniz, Emilio & Sarabia, María & Prieto, Faustino, 2010. "A general method for generating parametric Lorenz and Leimkuhler curves," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 524-539.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:revinw:v:37:y:1991:i:4:p:447-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iariwea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.