The Impact of Natural Hazards on Housing Values: The Loma Prieta Earthquake
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Immergluck, Dan & Lee, Yun Sang, 2008. "Homebuying in New Orleans Before and After Katrina: Patterns by Space, Race and Income," MPRA Paper 8611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grace Wong, 2004. "Has SARS Infected the Property Market? Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 11, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Christy Siegel & Steven B. Caudill & Franklin G. Mixon, 2013. "Clear skies, dark waters: The Gulf oil spill and the price of coastal condominiums in Alabama," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53.
- Cebula, Richard J., 2009. "The Hedonic Pricing Model Applied to the Housing Market of the City of Savannah and Its Savannah Historic Landmark District," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1), pages 9-22.
- Bradley Ewing & Jamie Kruse & Yongsheng Wang, 2007. "Local housing price index analysis in wind-disaster-prone areas," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 40(2), pages 463-483, February.
- repec:pri:indrel:dsp0141687h476 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guangxi Cao & Wei Xu & Yu Guo, 2015. "Effects of climatic events on the Chinese stock market: applying event analysis," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 77(3), pages 1979-1992, July.
- de Koning, Koen & Filatova, Tatiana & Bin, Okmyung, 2017. "Bridging the Gap Between Revealed and Stated Preferences in Flood-prone Housing Markets," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1-13.
- Deng, Guoying & Gan, Li & Hernandez, Manuel A., 2015. "Do natural disasters cause an excessive fear of heights? Evidence from the Wenchuan earthquake," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 79-89.
- Levente Timar & Arthur Grimes & Richard Fabling, 2015. "Before a Fall: Impacts of Earthquake Regulation and Building Codes on the Commercial Building Market," Working Papers 15_19, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Guoying Deng & Li Gan & Manuel A. Hernandez, 2013. "Do People Overreact? Evidence from the Housing Market After the Wenchuan Earthquake," NBER Working Papers 19515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levente Timar & Arthur Grimes & Richard Fabling, 2014.
"That Sinking Feeling: The Changing Price of Disaster Risk Following an Earthquake,"
14_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Timar, Levente & Grimes, Arthur & Fabling, Richard, 2015. "That Sinking Feeling: The Changing Price of Disaster Risk Following an Earthquake," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202982, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Shih Hsiung Chou & Shih Hung Chih, 2001. "Metropolis: Impact Assessment of Flood Risk on Housing Property Market in Taipei," ERES eres2001_132, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Christian L. Redfearn, 2004. "Land Markets & Terrorism: Uncovering Perceptions of Risk by Examining Land Price Changes Following 9/11," Working Paper 8591, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Residential Appraisal and the Lending Process: A Survey of Issues," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 11-40.
- K. Chau & S. Wong & C. Yiu & Maurice Tse & Frederik Pretorius, 2010. "Do Unexpected Land Auction Outcomes Bring New Information to the Real Estate Market?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 480-496, May.
- Sivitanidou, Rena, 1997. "Are Center Access Advantages Weakening? The Case of Office-Commercial Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 79-97, July.
- Su Han Chan & Shin-Hering Michelle Chu & George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Intra-Project Externality and Layout Variables in Residential Condominium Appraisals," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(2), pages 131-146.
- Morse, Adair, 2011. "Payday lenders: Heroes or villains?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 28-44, October.
- Callum Logan, 2013. "Valuing the Risk of Imperfect Information: Christchurch Earthquake," ERES eres2013_32, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Hallstrom, Daniel G. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2005. "Market responses to hurricanes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 541-561, November.
- Gawande, Kishore & Jenkins-Smith, Hank, 2001. "Nuclear Waste Transport and Residential Property Values: Estimating the Effects of Perceived Risks," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 207-233, September.
- John Whitehead & Adam Rose, 2009. "Estimating environmental benefits of natural hazard mitigation with data transfer: results from a benefit-cost analysis of Federal Emergency Management Agency hazard mitigation grants," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(7), pages 655-676, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:21:y:1993:i:2:p:167-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/areueea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.