Knowledge, networks of cities and growth in regional urban systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Joan Trullén & Rafael Boix, 2005. "Knowledge, networks of cities and growth in regional urban systems," Working Papers wpdea0504, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- S. Deidda & R. Paci & S. Usai, 2002. "Spatial Externalities and Local Economic Growth," Working Paper CRENoS 200206, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- de Lucio, Juan J. & Herce, Jose A. & Goicolea, Ana, 2002. "The effects of externalities on productivity growth in Spanish industry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 241-258, March.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sam Tavassoli & Lars Bengtsson & Charlie Karlsson, 2017.
"Strategic entrepreneurship and knowledge spillovers: spatial and aspatial perspectives,"
International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 233-249, March.
- Tavassoli, Sam & Bengtsson, Lars & Karlsson, Charlie, 2016. "Strategic Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Spillovers: Spatial and Aspatial Perspectives," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/21, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Tavassoli, Sam & Bengtsson, Lars & Karlsson , Charlie, 2016. "Strategic Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Spillovers: Spatial and Aspatial Perspectives," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 426, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Tavassoli, Sam & Bengtsson, Lars & Karlsson, Charlie, 2016. "Strategic Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Spillovers: Spatial and Aspatial Perspectives," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/8, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Evert J Meijers & Martijn J Burger, 2017. "Stretching the concept of â€˜borrowed sizeâ€™," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(1), pages 269-291, January.
- Evert Meijers & Martijn Burger & Evert J. Meijers & Martijn J. Burger & Marloes M. Hoogerbrugge, 2016. "Borrowing size in networks of cities: City size, network connectivity and metropolitan functions in Europe," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 181-198, March.
- Paolo VENERI & David BURGALASSI, 2011. "Spatial Structure and Productivity in Italian NUTS-3 Regions," Working Papers 364, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Christ, Julian P., 2009. "New Economic Geography reloaded: Localized knowledge spillovers and the geography of innovation," FZID Discussion Papers 01-2009, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Paolo Veneri & David Burgalassi, 2011.
"Questioning Polycentric Development and its Effects. Issues of Definition and Measurement for the Italian NUTS-2 Regions,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 1017-1037, January.
- Veneri, Paolo & Burgalassi, David, 2010. "Questioning polycentric development and its effects: issues of definition and measurement for the Italian NUTS 2 Regions," MPRA Paper 26410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rafael Boix & Joan TrullÃ©n, 2004. "Knowledge, networks of cities and growth in regional urban systems: theory, measurement and policy implications," ERSA conference papers ersa04p85, European Regional Science Association.
- Evert Meijers & Martijn Burger & Roberto Camagni & Roberta Capello & Andrea Caragliu, 2016. "Static vs. dynamic agglomeration economies. Spatial context and structural evolution behind urban growth," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 133-158, March.
More about this item
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:presci:v:86:y:2007:i:4:p:551-574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1056-8190 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.