Malfunctioning of African Rural Factor Markets: Theory and a Kenyan Example
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2017.
"Incentives and moral hazard: plot level productivity of factory-operated and outgrower-operated sugarcane production in Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 48(5), pages 549-560, September.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2015. "Incentives and Moral Hazard: Plot Level Productivity of Factory-Operated and Outgrower-Operated Sugarcane Production in Ethiopia," IFRO Working Paper 2015/02, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Wedimu, Mengistu A. & Henningsen, Arne & Czekaj, Tomasz G., 2015. "Incentives and Moral Hazard: Plot Level Productivity of Factory-Operated and Outgrower-Operated Sugarcane Production in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211900, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abay, Kibrom A. & Kahsay, Goytom A. & Berhane, Guush, 2014.
"Social networks and factor markets: Panel data evidence from Ethiopia:,"
ESSP working papers
68, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abay, Kibrom & Kahsay, Goytom & Berhane, Guush, 2015. "Social Networks and Factor Markets: Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 210869, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kibrom A. Abay & Goytom Abraha Kahsay & Guush Berhane, 2014. "Social Networks and Factor Markets: Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," IFRO Working Paper 2014/12, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Feder, Gershon & Onchan, Tongroj & Raparla, Tejaswi, 1988.
"Collateral, Guaranties and Rural Credit in Developing Countries: Evidence from Asia,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(3), November.
- Feder, Gershon & Onchan, Tongroj & Raparla, Tejaswi, 1988. "Collateral, guaranties and rural credit in developing countries: evidence from Asia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 231-245, November.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Frederic Gaspart & Jean-Philippe Platteau & Frank Place, 2007. "The Distributive Impact of Land Markets in Uganda," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 283-311.
- Stein Holden & Bekele Shiferaw & John Pender, 2001.
"Market Imperfections and Land Productivity in the Ethiopian Highlands,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 53-70.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele & Pender, John L., 2001. "Market imperfections and land productivity in the Ethiopian Highlands:," EPTD discussion papers 76, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cornilius Chikwama, 2004. "Rural Off-Farm Employment and Farm Investment: An Analytical Framework and Evidence from Zimbabwe," CERT Discussion Papers 0403, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Isaac Gershon Kodwo Ansah & Hayford Oduro & Awuah Lartey Osae, 2014. "A Comparative Analysis of Profit Efficiency in Maize and Cowpea Production in the Ejura Sekyedumase District of the Ashanti Region, Ghana," Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(4), pages 106-125, December.
- Agrell, Per J., 1999. "A Market-Oriented Approach for Multiple Objective Optimization in Agro-Ecological Land Use Planning," Unit of Economics Working papers 24178, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Hou, Janet Y., 2010.
"Reconsidering Conventional Explanations of the Inverse Productivity-Size Relationship,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 88-97, January.
- Christopher B. Barrett & Marc F. Bellemare & Janet Y. Hou, 2010. "Reconsidering Conventional Explanations of the Inverse Productivity-Size Relationship," Working Papers 10-22, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Agrell, Per J. & Stam, Antonie & Fischer, Gunther W., 2004. "Interactive multiobjective agro-ecological land use planning: The Bungoma region in Kenya," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 194-217, October.
- Tu, Qin & Bulte, Erwin, 2010. "Trust, Market Participation and Economic Outcomes: Evidence from Rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1179-1190, August.
- Cornilius Chikawama, 2004. "Quota Rural Off-Farm Employment and Farm Investment: An Analytical Framework and Evidence from Zimbabwe," Working Papers E04, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Thomas Vendryes, 2014. "Peasants Against Private Property Rights: A Review Of The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 971-995, December.
- Paul Castaneda Dower & Andrei Markevich, 2017. "Labor Misallocation and Mass Mobilization: Russian Agriculture during the Great War," Working Papers w0238, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Gonzalez, Maria A. & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 2003. "Market-Based Land Reform And Farm Efficiency In Colombia: A Dea Approach," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22202, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Udry, Christopher, 1996. "Gender, Agricultural Production, and the Theory of the Household," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 1010-1046, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:45:y:1983:i:2:p:141-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.