Redistribution as a Local Public Good: An Empirical Test for Flemish Municipalities
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coate, Stephen & Morris, Stephen, 1995. "On the Form of Transfers in Special Interests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1210-1235, December.
- Maital, Shlomo, 1979. "Measurement of Net Benefits from Public Goods: A New Approach Using Survey Data," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 34(1), pages 85-99.
- Edgar K. Browning, 1993. "The Marginal Cost of Redistribution," Public Finance Review, , vol. 21(1), pages 3-32, January.
- Roll, Richard, 1977. "A critique of the asset pricing theory's tests Part I: On past and potential testability of the theory," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 129-176, March.
- Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 1995. "The Growth of Government and the Reform of the State in Industrial Countries," IMF Working Papers 95/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Filip Palda, 2005. "Why Do Voters Demand Universal Government Benefits?," Public Economics 0503009, EconWPA.
- Aaron, Henry & McGuire, Martin, 1970. "Public Goods and Income Distribution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(6), pages 907-920, November.
- Dodge, David A, 1975. "Impact of Tax, Transfer and Expenditure Policies of Government on the Distribution of Personal Income in Canada," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 21(1), pages 1-52, March.
- Jacob Meerman, 1980. "Are public goods public goods?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 45-57, January.
- Piggott, John & Whalley, John, 1987. "Interpreting Net Fiscal Incidence Calculations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 685-694, November.
- Davies, James B & St-Hilaire, France & Whalley, John, 1984. "Some Calculations of Lifetime Tax Incidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 633-649, September.
- Wittman, Donald, 1989. "Why Democracies Produce Efficient Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1395-1424, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holm, Joshua, 2016. "A model of redistribution under social identification in heterogeneous federations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 39-48.
- Lunder, Trond Erik, 2016. "Between centralized and decentralized welfare policy: Have national guidelines constrained the influence of local preferences?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-13.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Laura Cavalli & Paolo Pertile & Veronica Polin & Alessandro Sommacal, 2016.
"Redistribution at the local level: the case of public childcare in Italy,"
International Review of Economics,
Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 63(4), pages 359-378, December.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Laura Cavalli & Paolo Pertile & Veronica Polin & Alessandro Sommacal, 2013. "Redistribution at the Local Level: The Case of Public Childcare in Italy," Working Papers 21/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Berthold, Norbert & von Berchem, Sascha, 2005. "Lokale Solidarität: die Zukunft der Sozialhilfe?," Discussion Paper Series 76, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Chair of Economic Order and Social Policy.
- Audun Langørgen & Dag Rønningen, 2004. "Local government preferences, individual needs, and the allocation of social assistance," Discussion Papers 380, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Frey, Bruno S., 2009.
"A new concept of European federalism,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
53366, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2010. "A New Concept of European Federalism," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 03, European Institute, LSE.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "A New Concept of European Federalism," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 3, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Freier, Ronny & Geys, Benny & Holm, Joshua, 2016.
"Religious heterogeneity and fiscal policy: Evidence from German reunification,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 1-12.
- Ronny Freier & Benny Geys & Joshua Holm, 2013. "Religious Heterogeneity and Fiscal Policy: Evidence from German Reunification," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1266, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- John Ashworth & Bruno Heyndels, 2005. "Government Fragmentation And Budgetary Policy In "Good" And "Bad" Times In Flemish Municipalities," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 245-263, July.
- Michelsen, Claus & Bönisch, Peter & Rosenfeld, Martin T. W., 2010. "Sharing Competences: The Impact of Local Institutional Settings on Voter Turnout," IWH Discussion Papers 21/2010, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Peter Backus & Alejandro Esteller-Moré, 2014. "Is income redistribution a form of insurance, a public good or both?," Working Papers 2014/33, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, "undated".
"The Role of Direct Democracy and Federalism in Local Power,"
IEW - Working Papers
209, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2004. "The Role of Direct Democracy and Federalism in Local Power," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-25, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bouton, Laurent & Gassner, Marjorie & Verardi, Vincenzo, 2008.
"Redistributing income under fiscal vertical imbalance,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 317-328, June.
- Marjorie Gassner & Laurent Bouton & Vincenzo Verardi, 2007. "Redistributing Income Under Fiscal Vertical Imbalance," LIS Working papers 420, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Laurent Bouton & Marjorie Gassner & Vincenzo Verardi, 2008. "Redistributing income under fiscal vertical imbalance," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9905, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lars P. Feld, 2000. "Fiskalischer Wettbewerb und Einkommensumverteilung," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(2), pages 181-198, May.
- Lars P. Feld & Wolfgang Kerber, 2006. "Mehr-Ebenen Jurisdiktionssysteme: Zur variablen Architektur von Integration," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200605, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Benny Geys & Bruno Heyndels, 2006.
"Disentangling The Effects Of Political Fragmentation On Voter Turnout: The Flemish Municipal Elections,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 367-387, November.
- Geys, Benny & Heyndels, Bruno, 2006.
"Disentangling the effects of political fragmentation on voter turnout: the Flemish municipal elections
[Auswirkungen politischer Zersplitterung auf die Wahlbeteiligung: die flämischen Kommunalwahle," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2006-07, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Geys, Benny & Heyndels, Bruno, 2006. "Disentangling the effects of political fragmentation on voter turnout: the Flemish municipal elections
- John Ashworth & Benny Geys & Bruno Heyndels, 2006. "Everyone likes a winner: An empirical test of the effect of electoral closeness on turnout in a context of expressive voting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 383-405, September.
- Hans-Günter Krüsselberg, 2005. "Milton Friedman und der Wissenschaftliche Beirat für Familienfragen Elternkompetenz und Anteilscheine am Schulbudget – Gedanken über Reformpotenziale," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200506, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Ashworth, John & Geys, Benny & Heyndels, Bruno, 2006. "Determinants of tax innovation: The case of environmental taxes in Flemish municipalities," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 223-247, March.
- Peter Backus & Alejandro Esteller-Moré, 2013. "What drives demand for redistribution? An empirical analysis of other-regarding and self-insurance motives," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1325, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Berthold, Norbert & von Berchem, Sascha, 2002. "Sozialhilfe im wettbewerblichen Föderalismus: Erfahrungen der USA, Lehren für Deutschland," Discussion Paper Series 58, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Chair of Economic Order and Social Policy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:kyklos:v:55:y:2002:i:1:p:27-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.