Property–Liability Insurer Reserve Error: Motive, Manipulation, or Mistake
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Dicks & James R. Garven, 2022. "Asymmetric information and insurance cycles," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 89(2), pages 449-474, June.
- Boyer, M. Martin & Cowins, Elicia P. & Reddic, Willie D., 2019. "Portfolio rebalancing behavior with operating losses and investment regulation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 313-328.
- Nicos Scordis, 2020. "A note on risk and value from an underutilized dataset: Consolidated disclosures," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 105-112, March.
- Yu-Luen Ma & Nat Pope, 2020. "The impact of Sarbanes–Oxley on property-casualty insurer loss reserve estimates," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 45(2), pages 313-334, April.
- Han, Sangyong & Lai, Gene C. & Ho, Chia-Ling, 2018. "Corporate transparency and reserve management: Evidence from US property-liability insurance companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 379-392.
- Ehiorobo Osa Abraham, 2020. "Assessing Financial Resource Capability on Insurance Claims Management in Nigeria: The Moderating Role of Information Technology," Studia Commercialia Bratislavensia, Sciendo, vol. 13(46), pages 279-291, December.
- Jiang Cheng & Travis Chow & Tzu‐Ting Lin & Jeffrey Ng, 2022. "The effect of accounting for income tax uncertainty on tax‐deductible loss accruals for private insurers," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 89(2), pages 505-544, June.
- Jiang Cheng & J. David Cummins & Tzuting Lin, 2021. "Earnings management surrounding forced CEO turnover: evidence from the U.S. property-casualty insurance industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 819-847, April.
- Kexing Ding & Baruch Lev & Xuan Peng & Ting Sun & Miklos A. Vasarhelyi, 2020. "Machine learning improves accounting estimates: evidence from insurance payments," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 1098-1134, September.
- Patricia Born & M. Martin Boyer, 2011.
"Claims‐Made and Reported Policies and Insurer Profitability in Medical Malpractice,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 139-162, March.
- Patricia Born & M. Martin Boyer, 2008. "Claims-Made and Reported Policies and Insurer Profitability in Medical Malpractice," CIRANO Working Papers 2008s-13, CIRANO.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Meles, Antonio & Monferrà, Stefano & Starita, Maria Grazia, 2013. "Personal vs. Corporate Goals: Why do Insurance Companies Manage Loss Reserves?," MPRA Paper 47867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ames Daniel & Graden Bryan S. & Sankara Jomo, 2019. "Who Estimates When It’s Not Required? the Case of Subrogation," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Sebastiano Mazzù & Stefano Monferrà & Maria Grazia Starita, 2015. "Does Corporate Governance Affect Earnings Management? Evidence from the US P&C Insurance Industry," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 203-224, December.
- Hung, Jessica & Chang, Vincent Y. L., 2018. "The analysis of capital structure for propertyliability insurers: A quantile regression approach," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 14(4), pages 829-850, August.
- M. Martin Boyer & Elijah Brewer & Willie Reddic, 2019. "The Association between Complexity and Managerial Discretion in the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 1-33, September.
- Kai Wang & Lei Fang & Jiang Cheng, 2020. "Management of commissions to meet the regulatory requirements: the case of property–casualty insurance in China," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 45(3), pages 508-534, July.
- Fang Sun & Xiangjing Wei, 2019. "Property-Liability Insurers’ Discretionary and Nondiscretionary Loss Reserve Error: Relation with Investor Sentiment," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(03), pages 1-20, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jrinsu:v:79:y:2012:i:2:p:351-380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.