Do Insiders Manipulate Earnings When They Sell Their Shares in an Initial Public Offering?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esther B. Brio & Ilidio Lopes-e-Silva & Javier Perote, 2016. "Effects of opportunistic behaviors on security markets: an experimental approach to insider trading and earnings management," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(3), pages 379-402, December.
- Maria Jose Arcas & Caridad Martí, 2016. "Financial Performance Adjustment in English Local Governments," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(2), pages 141-152, June.
- Ming-Feng Hsu & Shiow-Ying Wen, 2015. "The Roles of Institutional Investors and Insiders in Earnings Management around Initial Public Offering Firms in Taiwan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 340-353.
- Larcker, David F. & Rusticus, Tjomme O., 2010. "On the use of instrumental variables in accounting research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 186-205, April.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:92-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lou, Dong, 2009. "Attracting investor attention through advertising," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29311, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:bbz:fcpbbr:v:9:y:2012:i:1:p:1-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Boisselier & Dominique Dufour, 2007. "Bulle financière et introduction des sociétés Internet au Nouveau marché," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(1), pages 67-93, March.
- Mohamed Chabchoub & Mansour Mrabet, 2007. "Gestion Du Resultat Et Introduction En Bourse : Cas Des Entreprises Tunisiennes," Post-Print halshs-00544954, HAL.
- Samah Rebai Azouz, 2011. "Les motivations de l'inscription des investissements en R&D à l'actif : Divulgation volontaire d'informations ou gestion des résultats ?," Post-Print hal-00650564, HAL.
- Sharon Katz, 2008. "Earnings Quality and Ownership Structure: The Role of Private Equity Sponsors," NBER Working Papers 14085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dechow, Patricia & Ge, Weili & Schrand, Catherine, 2010. "Understanding earnings quality: A review of the proxies, their determinants and their consequences," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 344-401, December.
- Cho, Jaemin & Lee, Jaeho, 2013. "The venture capital certification role in R&D: Evidence from IPO underpricing in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 83-108.
- Xiang Liu, 2014. "Venture capitalists and portfolio companies’ real activities manipulation," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 173-210, July.
- Lou, Dong, 2013. "Attracting investor attention through advertising," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54382, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sharad Asthana & Steven Balsam, 2010. "The impact of changes in firm performance and risk on director turnover," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 244-263, August.
- Ke Zhong & Robert B. Welker & Donald W. Gribbin, 2010. "Method-Shifting in Aggressive Earnings Reporting: The Case of the US Software Industry's Response to New US Regulation," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7-8), pages 792-814.
- Li, Ting & Zaiats, Nataliya, 2017. "Information environment and earnings management of dual class firms around the world," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 1-23.
- Agrawal, Anup & Cooper, Tommy, 2015. "Insider trading before accounting scandals," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 169-190.
- Nagar, Neerav & Radhakrishnan, Suresh, 2015. "Firm Life Cycle and Real-Activity Based Earnings Management," IIMA Working Papers WP2015-12-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Robert M. Hull & Sungkyu Kwak & Rosemary L. Walker, 2016. "Insider behavior and R&D changes around seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(2), pages 258-276, April.
- Braam, Geert & Nandy, Monomita & Weitzel, Utz & Lodh, Suman, 2015. "Accrual-based and real earnings management and political connections," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 111-141.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9412-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Dunn & Barbara Sainty, 2009. "The relationship among board of director characteristics, corporate social performance and corporate financial performance," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(4), pages 407-423, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:43:y:2005:i:1:p:1-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.