External Monitoring of Property Appraisal Estimates and Information Asymmetry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adela Deaconu & Anuţa Buiga & Cristina Nistor, 2010. "The Value Relevance of Fair Value," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 17(1), pages 151-169, May.
- Badia, Marc & Barth, Mary E. & Duro, Miguel & Ormazabal, Gaizka, 2017. "Firm Risk and Disclosures about Dispersion in Asset Values:," CEPR Discussion Papers 12144, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher S. Armstrong & Mary E. Barth & Alan D. Jagolinzer & Edward J. Riedl, 2008. "Market Reaction to the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-032, Harvard Business School.
- Selling, Thomas I. & Nordlund, Bo, 2015. "The problem of management bias in accounting estimates: An investor perspective on root causes and solutions," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 501-508.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9404-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Palea, Vera, 2013. "The Politics of Fair Value Reporting and the Governance of the Standards-Setting Process: Critical Issues and Pitfalls from a European Perspective," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201353, University of Turin.
- Ali R. Almutairi & Kimberly A. Dunn & Terrance Skantz, 2009. "Auditor tenure, auditor specialization, and information asymmetry," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 600-623, July.
- Sung Gon Chung & Beng Wee Goh & Jeffrey Ng & Kevin Ow Yong, 2017. "Voluntary fair value disclosures beyond SFAS 157’s three-level estimates," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 430-468, March.
- Karl A. Muller & Edward J. Riedl & Thorsten Sellhorn, 2008. "Consequences of Voluntary and Mandatory Fair Value Accounting: Evidence Surrounding IFRS Adoption in the EU Real Estate Industry," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-033, Harvard Business School.
- Jannis Bischof & Ulf BrÃ¼ggemann & Holger Daske, 2012. "Fair Value Reclassifications of Financial Assets during the Financial Crisis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Karl A. Muller, III & Edward J. Riedl & Thorsten Sellhorn, 2011. "Mandatory Fair Value Accounting and Information Asymmetry: Evidence from the European Real Estate Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(6), pages 1138-1153, June.
- Palea, Vera, 2013. "Fair Value Accounting and Its Usefulness to Financial Statement Users," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201327, University of Turin.
- Katja Kisseleva & Daniela Lorenz, 2016. "Are level 3 fair values reflected in firm value? Evidence from European banks," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-16-03, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- David Downs & Z. Güner, 2012. "Information Producers and Valuation: Evidence from Real Estate Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 167-183, January.
- Inès Bouden & Tiphaine Compernolle, 2008. "Le Recours Croissant Aux Evaluateurs Externes Dans Le Cadre Des Normes Ifrs : Consequences Pour L'Auditeur," Post-Print halshs-00522401, HAL.
- Faten Hakim & Mohamed Ali Omri, 2010. "Quality of the external auditor, information asymmetry, and bid-ask spread: Case of the listed Tunisian firms," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 5-18, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:40:y:2002:i:3:p:865-881. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.