Research Expenditures and the Discovery of New Drugs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burak Dindaroglu, 2011. "R&D Productivity and Firm Size in Semiconductors and Pharmaceuticals: Evidence from Citation Yields," Working Papers 1101, Izmir University of Economics.
- repec:spr:scient:v:88:y:2011:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0396-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Revilla & Zulima Fernández, 2013. "Environmental Dynamism, Firm Size and the Economic Productivity of R&D," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 503-522, August.
- Banri ITO & Tatsufumi YAMAGATA, 2007.
"Who Develops Innovations In Medicine For The Poor? Trends In Patent Applications Related To Medicines For Hiv/Aids, Tuberculosis, Malaria, And Neglected Diseases,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 45(2), pages 141-171.
- Ito, Banri & Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2005. "Who Develops Innovations in Medicine for the Poor? Trends in Patent Applications Related to Medicines for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and Neglected Diseases," IDE Discussion Papers 24, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Tomas J. Philipson & George Zanjani, 2013. "Economic Analysis of Risk and Uncertainty induced by Health Shocks: A Review and Extension," NBER Working Papers 19005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald Marschke & Jinyoung Kim & Sangjoon John Lee, 2004.
"Research Scientist Productivity and Firm Size: Evidence from Panel Data on Investors,"
04-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Jinyoung Kim & Sangjoon John Lee & Gerald Marschke, 2007. "Research Scientist Productivity and Firm Size: Evidence from Panel Data on Inventors," Discussion Paper Series 0708, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Sangjoon Lee & Jinyoung Kim, 2004. "Research Scientist Productivity and Firm Size: Evidence from Panel Data on Inventors," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 465, Econometric Society.
- Papachristos, George & Adamides, Emmanuel, 2016. "A retroductive systems-based methodology for socio-technical transitions research," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 1-14.
- Stuart, Graham & Higgins, Matthew, 2007. "The Impact of Patenting on New Product Introductions in the Pharmaceutical Industry," MPRA Paper 4574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhang, Sifei & Yuan, Chien-Chung & Chang, Ke-Chiun & Ken, Yun, 2012. "Exploring the nonlinear effects of patent H index, patent citations, and essential technological strength on corporate performance by using artificial neural network," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 485-495.
- Sachon, Marc & Paté-Cornell, Elisabeth, 2002. "Managing technology development for safety-critical systems," IESE Research Papers D/465, IESE Business School.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:27:y:2018:i:3:p:501-513 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Dimasi & Henry Grabowski & John Vernon, 1995.
"R&D Costs, Innovative Output and Firm Size in the Pharmaceutical Industry,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 201-219.
- Joseph A. Dimasi & Grabowski, Henry G. & Vernon, John, 1995. "R&D Costs, Innovative Output and Firm Size in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Working Papers 95-16, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:scient:v:59:y:2004:i:1:d:10.1023_b:scie.0000013304.40957.0d is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:80:y:2009:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-009-2095-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geisler, E., 1995. "An integrated cost-performance model of research and development evaluation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 281-294, June.
- Bauer, Hans H. & Fischer, Marc, 2000. "Product life cycle patterns for pharmaceuticals and their impact on R&D profitability of late mover products," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 703-725, December.
- Beneito, Pilar, 2006. "The innovative performance of in-house and contracted R&D in terms of patents and utility models," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 502-517, May.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James W. Hughes & Michael J. Moore & Edward A. Snyder, 2002.
""Napsterizing" Pharmaceuticals: Access, Innovation, and Consumer Welfare,"
NBER Working Papers
9229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James W Hughes & Michael J Moore & Edward A Snyder, 2003. "Napsterizing Pharmaceuticals: Access, Innovation and Consumer Welfare," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000555, David K. Levine.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, 1993. "Scale, Scope and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in the Pharmaceutical Industry," NBER Working Papers 4466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:scient:v:89:y:2011:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0471-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henderson, Rebecca. & Cockburn, Iain., 1993. "Scale, scope and spillovers : the determinants of research productivity in ethical drug discovery," Working papers 3629-93., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Eric L. Keuffel, 2014. "Regulation of the Pharmaceutical-Biotechnology Industry," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 407-484 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cockburn, Iain M. & Henderson, Rebecca M., 2001. "Scale and scope in drug development: unpacking the advantages of size in pharmaceutical research," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1033-1057, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:36:y:1987:i:1:p:83-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.