Culture, Corporate Governance, And Dividend Policy: International Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J & Goetzmann, William N & Ibbotson, Roger G, 1999. "Offshore Hedge Funds: Survival and Performance, 1989-95," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(1), pages 91-117, January.
- Chevalier, Judith & Ellison, Glenn, 1997.
"Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1167-1200, December.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Glenn D. Ellison, 1995. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," NBER Working Papers 5234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, J. & Ellison, G., 1996. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," Working papers 96-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Scholes, Myron, 2004. "The future of hedge funds," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 10, pages 8-11.
- Greene, Jason T. & Hodges, Charles W. & Rakowski, David A., 2007. "Daily mutual fund flows and redemption policies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3822-3842, December.
- Stephen J. Brown, 2001. "Careers and Survival: Competition and Risk in the Hedge Fund and CTA Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1869-1886, October.
- Baquero, Guillermo & ter Horst, Jenke & Verbeek, Marno, 2005. "Survival, Look-Ahead Bias, and Persistence in Hedge Fund Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 493-517, September.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 2000. "Performance Characteristics of Hedge Funds and Commodity Funds: Natural vs. Spurious Biases," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 291-307, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:1100-1113 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:intfin:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:154-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:iburev:v:27:y:2018:i:1:p:78-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0201-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Narcis Tulbure, 2015. "Choice In Context: Rationality, Contingency And Risk In The Dividend Policy," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 388-395.
- Jakob, Keith & Nam, Yoonsoo, 2017. "Do cultures influence abnormal market reactions before official sovereign debt rating downgrade announcements?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 65-75.
- Rothonis, Stephanie & Tran, Duy & Wu, Eliza, 2016. "Does national culture affect the intensity of volatility linkages in international equity markets?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 85-95.
- Byrne, Julie & O’Connor, Thomas, 2017.
"Creditor rights, culture and dividend payout policy,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 60-77.
- Thomas O'Connor & Julie Byrne, 2017. "Creditor rights, culture and dividend payout policy," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n277-17.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:900-911 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cao, Chunfang & Xia, Changyuan & Chan, Kam C., 2016. "Social trust and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 148-165.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:502-512 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erkan, Asligul & Fainshmidt, Stav & Judge, William Q., 2016. "Variance decomposition of the country, industry, firm, and firm-year effects on dividend policy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1309-1320.
- Paul McGuinness & Kevin Lam & João Vieito, 2015. "Gender and other major board characteristics in China: Explaining corporate dividend policy and governance," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 989-1038, December.
- Breuer, Wolfgang & Rieger, M. Oliver & Soypak, K. Can, 2014. "The behavioral foundations of corporate dividend policy a cross-country analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 247-265.
- Cai, Kelly & Zhu, Hui, 2015. "Cultural distance and foreign IPO underpricing variations," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 99-114.
- Thomas O'Connor & Julie Byrne, 2017. "How do creditors respond to disclosure quality? Evidence from corporate dividend payouts," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n278-17.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- repec:eee:glofin:v:34:y:2017:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:374-392 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:35:y:2012:i:2:p:289-316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.