Is Historical Cost Accounting a Panacea? Market Stress, Incentive Distortions, and Gains Trading
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timmer, Yannick, 2017. "Cyclical Investment Behaviour across Financial Institutions," ECMI Papers 12747, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Palea, Vera, 2019. "Accounting for Sustainable Finance: Does Fair value Accounting Fit for Long-term Investing in Equity?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201912, University of Turin.
- Lu, Erin P. & Lai, Gene C. & Ma, Qingzhong, 2017. "Organizational structure, risk-based capital requirements, and the sales of downgraded bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 51-68.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:31:y:2018:i:8:p:2983-3018. is not listed on IDEAS
- Amiraslani, Hami & Lins, Karl & Servaes, Henri & Tamayo, Ane, 2017. "A Matter of Trust? The Bond Market Benefits of Corporate Social Capital during the Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 12321, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laura Blattner & Luisa Farinha & Francisca Rebelo, 2017.
"When Losses Turn Into Loans: The Cost of Undercapitalized Banks,"
pbl215, Job Market Papers.
- Luísa Farinha & Francisca Rebelo & Laura Blattner, 2018. "When losses turn into loans: the cost of undercapitalized banks," Working Papers w201816, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Blattner, Laura & Farinha, Luisa & Rebelo, Francisco, 2018. "When Losses Turn into Loans: The Cost of Undercapitalized Banks," Research Papers 3688, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:aea:aecrev:v:108:y:2018:i:8:p:2246-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guillaume Plantin & Jean Tirole, 2018.
"Marking to Market versus Taking to Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 108(8), pages 2246-2276, August.
- Plantin, Guillaume & Tirole, Jean, 2015. "Marking to market versus taking to market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65104, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guillaume Plantin & Jean Tirole, 2016. "Marking to Market versus Taking to Market," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7pu0mfr14h9, Sciences Po.
- Guillaume Plantin & Jean Tirole, 2018. "Marking to Market versus Taking to Market," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4mmob120cl8, Sciences Po.
- Chotibhak, Jotikasthira & Ellul, Andrew & Kartasheva, Anastasia & Lundblad, Christian & Wagner, Wolf, 2018. "Insurers as Asset Managers and Systemic Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 12849, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Efing, Matthias, 2015.
"Arbitraging the Basel securitization framework: Evidence from German ABS investment,"
40/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Matthias Efing, 2016. "Arbitraging the Basel securitization framework: Evidence from German ABS investment," ESRB Working Paper Series 22, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Ralph S.J. Koijen & Motohiro Yogo, 2017. "Risk of Life Insurers: Recent Trends and Transmission Mechanisms," NBER Working Papers 23365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:130:y:2018:i:2:p:308-326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timmer, Yannick, 2018. "Cyclical investment behavior across financial institutions," ESRB Working Paper Series 77, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Laux, Christian, 2016. "The economic consequences of extending the use of fair value accounting in regulatory capital calculations: A discussion," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 204-208.
- Divya Kirti, 2017. "When Gambling for Resurrection is Too Risky," IMF Working Papers 17/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Li, Jing, 2017. "Accounting for banks, capital regulation and risk-taking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 102-121.
- Möhlmann, Axel, 2017. "Interest rate risk of life insurers: Evidence from accounting data," Discussion Papers 10/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:eee:jaecon:v:66:y:2018:i:1:p:25-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:129:y:2018:i:2:p:268-286 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:moneco:v:95:y:2018:i:c:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Girardi, Giulio & Hanley, Kathleen Weiss & Nikolova, Stanislava & Pelizzon, Loriana & Getmansky, Mila, 2018. "Portfolio similarity and asset liquidation in the insurance industry," SAFE Working Paper Series 224, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:70:y:2015:i:6:p:2489-2538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.