The Power of Voice: Managerial Affective States and Future Firm Performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- S. McKay Price & Michael J. Seiler & Jiancheng Shen, 2017. "Do Investors Infer Vocal Cues from CEOs During Quarterly REIT Conference Calls?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 515-557, May.
- James Cicon, 2017. "Say it again Sam: the information content of corporate conference calls," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 57-81, January.
- Maximiliano González & Alexander Guzmán & Diego Fernando Tellez & María Andrea Trujillo, 2016. "What you say and how you say it: Information disclosure in Latin American firms," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 015656, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Loughran, Tim & McDonald, Bill, 2013. "IPO first-day returns, offer price revisions, volatility, and form S-1 language," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 307-326.
- Dichev, Ilia D. & Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2013. "Earnings quality: Evidence from the field," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 1-33.
- Michał Dzieliński & Alexander F. Wagner & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 2017.
"Straight Talkers and Vague Talkers: The Effects of Managerial Style in Earnings Conference Calls,"
NBER Working Papers
23425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michał DZIELINSKI & Alexander F. WAGNER & Richard J. ZECKHAUSER, 2017. "Straight Talkers and Vague Talkers: The Effects of Managerial Style in Earnings Conference Calls," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-13, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jun 2017.
- Benson, David F. & Brau, James C. & Cicon, James & Ferris, Stephen P., 2015. "Strategically camouflaged corporate governance in IPOs: Entrepreneurial masking and impression management," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 839-864.
- Chen, Daniel L. & Halberstam, Yosh & Yu, Alan, 2016.
"Perceived Masculinity Predicts U.S. Supreme Court Outcomes,"
IAST Working Papers
16-40, Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST).
- Chen, Daniel L. & Halberstam, Yosh & Yu, Alan, 2016. "Perceived Masculinity Predicts U.S. Supreme Court Outcomes," TSE Working Papers 16-682, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:6:y:2018:i:1:p:5-:d:125056 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:125:y:2017:i:1:p:143-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Green, T. Clifton & Jame, Russell & Markov, Stanimir & Subasi, Musa, 2014. "Access to management and the informativeness of analyst research," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 239-255.
- Li, Feng & Minnis, Michael & Nagar, Venky & Rajan, Madhav, 2014. "Knowledge, compensation, and firm value: An empirical analysis of firm communication," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 96-116.
- Paul Brockman & Jim Cicon, 2013. "The Information Content Of Management Earnings Forecasts: An Analysis Of Hard Versus Soft Information," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 147-174, June.
- Zeckhauser, Richard, 2017. "Straight Talkers and Vague Talkers: The Effects of Managerial Style in Earnings Conference Calls," Working Paper Series rwp17-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Lauren Cohen & Dong Lou & Christopher Malloy, 2013. "Playing Favorites: How Firms Prevent the Revelation of Bad News," NBER Working Papers 19429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Froot & Namho Kang & Gideon Ozik & Ronnie Sadka, 2016. "What Do Measures of Real-time Corporate Sales Tell Us about Earnings Surprises and Post-Announcement Returns?," NBER Working Papers 22366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:67:y:2012:i:1:p:1-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.