An Empirical Investigation of Short-Selling Activity Prior to Seasoned Equity Offerings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elliott, William B. & Songur, Hilmi, 2016. "The role of arbitrage risk on the elasticity of demand: New evidence from 100% secondary equity offerings," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 165-172.
- Charoenwong, Charlie & Ding, David K. & Wang, Ping, 2013. "Short sales constraint and SEO pricing," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 107-118.
- repec:oup:rcorpf:v:5:y:2016:i:2:p:200-238. is not listed on IDEAS
- Cinquegrana, Piero, 2009. "Short Selling: A known unknown," ECMI Papers 1671, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Autore, Don M. & Kovacs, Tunde, 2014. "Investor recognition and seasoned equity offers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 216-233.
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:56:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11146-017-9649-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristián Pinto, 2015. "The Effect of Investor Attention on the Pricing of Seasoned Equity Offerings," Serie Working Papers 20, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics.
- Blau, Benjamin M. & DeLisle, Jared R. & Price, S. McKay, 2015. "Do sophisticated investors interpret earnings conference call tone differently than investors at large? Evidence from short sales," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 203-219.
- Dungey, Mardi & McKenzie, Michael D. & Yalama, Abdullah, 2013. "The cross market effects of short sale restrictions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 53-71.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Lee, Gemma & Masulis, Ronald W., 2013. "Contracting under asymmetric information: Evidence from lockup agreements in seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(3), pages 607-626.
- Vincent J. Intintoli & Shrikant P. Jategaonkar & Kathleen M. Kahle, 2014. "The Effect of Demand for Shares on the Timing and Underpricing of Seasoned Equity Offers," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 61-86, March.
- O. Emre Ergungor & C. N. V. Krishnan & Ajai K. Singh & Allan A. Zebedee, 2004. "Bank seasoned equity offers: do voluntary and involuntary offers differ?," Working Paper 0414, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:29:y:2016:i:12:p:3278-3320. is not listed on IDEAS
- He, Peng William & Jarnecic, Elvis & Liu, Yubo, 2016. "Equity issues and the impact of lead manager affiliation on broker market share and trading volume," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 17-33.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fodor, Andy & Gokkaya, Sinan, 2014. "Option implied volatilities and the cost of issuing equity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 88-101.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, Yue-Cheong, 2014. "Price informativeness and stock return synchronicity: Evidence from the pricing of seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 36-53.
- Autore, Don M. & Gehy, Dominique, 2013. "Changing the rules again: Short selling in connection with public equity offers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1974-1985.
- R. Jared DeLisle & Bong Soo Lee & Nathan Mauck, 2016. "The dynamic relation between options trading, short selling, and aggregate stock returns," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 645-671, October.
- Geczy, Christopher C. & Musto, David K. & Reed, Adam V., 2002. "Stocks are special too: an analysis of the equity lending market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 241-269.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2015. "SEO announcement returns and internal capital market efficiency," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 271-283.
- Delisle, R. Jared & Lee, Bong Soo & Mauck, Nathan, 2012. "The dynamic relation between short sellers, option traders, and aggregate returns," MPRA Paper 42566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:121-138 is not listed on IDEAS
- O. Emre Ergungor & C. N. V. Krishnan & Ajai K. Singh & Allan A. Zebedee, 2005. "Offer-price discount of bank seasoned equity offers: do voluntary and involuntary offers convey different information?," Working Paper 0515, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Chou, De-Wai & Lai, Christine W. & Yeh, Yi-Ting, 2014. "The role of lending-relationship banks in the underwriting of seasoned equity offerings: Conflict of interest or certification?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 327-346.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:51:y:1996:i:2:p:729-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.