Acquisition of Divested Assets and Shareholders' Wealth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kien Cao & Jeff Madura, 2011. "Determinants of the Method of Payment in Asset Sell‐Off Transactions," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 643-670, November.
- Roenfeldt, Rodney L & Sicherman, Neil W & Trifts, Jack W, 1992. "Division Management Buyouts of Unrelated Divisions without a Sales Price Reported," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(4), pages 297-305, Winter.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:29:y:2013:i:2:p:243-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benou, Georgina & Madura, Jeff & Ngo, Thanh, 2008. "Wealth creation from high-tech divestitures," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 505-519, August.
- Vinay Patel, 2015. "Price Discovery in US and Australian Stock and Options Markets," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 27.
- Datta, Sudip & E. Iskandar-Datta, Mai, 1995. "Corporate partial acquisitions, total firm valuation and the effect of financing method," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 97-115, April.
- Dennis C. Mueller & Mark L. Sirower, 2003. "The causes of mergers: tests based on the gains to acquiring firms' shareholders and the size of premia," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 373-391.
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Rau, P. Raghavendra & Stouraitis, Aris, 2006.
"Tunneling, propping, and expropriation: evidence from connected party transactions in Hong Kong,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 343-386, November.
- Yan-leung Cheung & P. Raghavendra Rau & Aris Stouraitis, 2004. "Tunneling, Propping and Expropriation Evidence from Connected arty Transactions in Hong Kong," Working Papers 092004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- MacKinnon, Greg, 2002. "Asset sales and takeover threats," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 765-777.
- Donald G. Christensen & Donald R. Levi, 1993. "Why Do Real Estate Master Limited Partnerships Seem to be Undervalued?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-12.
- Edirisuriya, Piyadasa & Gunasekarage, Abeyratna & Dempsey, Michael, 2015. "Bank diversification, performance and stock market response: Evidence from listed public banks in South Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 69-85.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:190-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blumberg, Aryeh & Owers, James E., 1996. "The convergence of foreign direct investment and restructuring: Evidence from cross-border divestitures," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 67-87.
- Jory, Surendranath R. & Madura, Jeff & Ngo, Thanh N., 2012. "Deal structure decision in the global market for divested assets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 104-116.
- Comment, Robert & Jarrell, Gregg A., 1995. "Corporate focus and stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 67-87, January.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Darius Palia, 1998. "A Re-Examination of the Conglomerate Merger Wave in the 1960s: An Internal Capital Markets View," NBER Working Papers 6539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jory, Surendranath R. & Ngo, Thanh N., 2015. "The wealth effects of acquiring foreign divested assets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 235-245.
- Sheng-Syan Chen & Yong-Chin Liu & I-Ju Chen, 2014. "Long-Run Stock Performance and Its Determinants for Asset Buyers," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5-6), pages 685-716, June.
- Piyadasa Edirisuriya & Abeyratna Gunasekarage & Michael Dempsey, 2015. "Australian Specific Bank Features and the Impact of Income Diversification on Bank Performance and Risk," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 63-87, June.
- Maquieira, Carlos P. & Megginson, William L. & Nail, Lance, 1998. "Wealth creation versus wealth redistributions in pure stock-for-stock mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 3-33, April.
- Danny Yeung, 2012. "The Impact of Institutional Ownership: A Study of the Australian Equity Market," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 11.
- Kevin P. Scanlon & Jack W. Trifts & Richard H. Pettway, 1989. "Impacts Of Relative Size And Industrial Relatedness On Returns To Shareholders Of Acquiring Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 103-112, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:42:y:1987:i:5:p:1261-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.