An Analysis of Brokers' and Analysts' Unpublished Forecasts of UK Stock Returns
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (1984)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.afajof.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.afajof.org/membership/join.asp|
- Markus Spiwoks & Oliver Hein, 2007. "Die Währungs-, Anleihen- und Aktienmarktprognosen des Zentrums für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 1(1), pages 43-52, June.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 1996.
"Market timing ability and volatility implied in investment newsletters' asset allocation recommendations,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 397-421, November.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 1994. "Market Timing Ability and Volatility Implied in Investment Newletters' Asset Allocation Recommendations," NBER Working Papers 4890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomasz Potocki & Tomasz Świst, 2009. "The Strong Informative Efficiency of The Stock-Exchange in Warsaw-the Myth and the Reality," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 23.
- Pieper, Ute & Schiereck, Dirk & Weber, Martin, 1992. "Die Kaufempfehlungen des "Effecten-Spiegel": Eine empirische Untersuchung im Lichte der Effizienzthese des Kapitalmarktes," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 296, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Pieper, U. & Schiereck, D. & Weber, M., 1993. "Die Kaufempfehlungen des "Effecten-Spiegel" - Eine empirische Untersuchung im Lichte der Effizienzthese des Kapitalmarktes," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 35481, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Hobbs, Jeffrey & Singh, Vivek, 2015. "A comparison of buy-side and sell-side analysts," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 42-51.
- Barber, Brad & Lehavy, Reuven & Trueman, Brett & McNichols, Maureen, 2001. "Prophets and Losses: Reassessing the Returns to Analysts' Stock Recommendations," Research Papers 1692, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati P. & Brown, Lawrence D. & Richardson, Gordon D., 1995. "Analysts' use of earnings forecasts in predicting stock returns: Forecast horizon effects," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 429-445, September.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, EconWPA, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- Sorescu, Sorin & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2006. "The Cross Section of Analyst Recommendations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(01), pages 139-168, March.
- Sorescu, Sorin & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2004. "The Cross-Section of Analyst Recommendations," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt76x8k0cc, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Hobbs, Jeffrey & Kovacs, Tunde & Sharma, Vivek, 2012. "The investment value of the frequency of analyst recommendation changes for the ordinary investor," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 94-108.
- Susana Menendez-Requejo, 2005. "Market valuation of the analysts' recommendations: the Spanish stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 509-518.
- repec:spr:svcbiz:v:11:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11628-016-0312-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Altınkılıç, Oya & Hansen, Robert S. & Ye, Liyu, 2016. "Can analysts pick stocks for the long-run?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 371-398.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Estrategias Cuantitativas De Valor Y Retornos Por Accion De Largo," Finance 0503029, EconWPA.
- Moshirian, Fariborz & Ng, David & Wu, Eliza, 2009. "The value of stock analysts' recommendations: Evidence from emerging markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 74-83, March.
- O'Brien, Patricia C. & Tan, Hongping, 2015. "Geographic proximity and analyst coverage decisions: Evidence from IPOs," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 41-59.
- Omaima Hassan, 2009. "The usefulness of accounting information; evidence from the Egyptian market," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 125-141, October.
- Haris Bin Jamil & Aisha Ghazi Aurakzai & Muhammad Subayyal, 2014. "Can Analysts Really Forecast? Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 91-109, Jan-June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:39:y:1984:i:5:p:1257-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed