The Effect of Voluntary Spin-Off Announcements on Shareholder Wealth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Habib, Michel A. & Johnsen, D. Bruce & Naik, Narayan Y., 1997. "Spinoffs and Information," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 153-176, April.
- repec:spr:scient:v:102:y:2015:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1495-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Krishnan, Karthik & Nandy, Debarshi K., 2014. "The effects of corporate spin-offs on productivity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 72-98.
- Wallace N. Davidson III & James L. McDonald, 1987. "Evidence Of The Effect On Shareholder Wealth Of Corporate Spinoffs: The Creation Of Royalty Trusts," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 10(4), pages 321-328, December.
- Thomas Kirchmaier, 2003. "The Performance Effects of European Demergers," CEP Discussion Papers dp0566, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- D'Souza, Julia & Jacob, John, 2000. "Why firms issue targeted stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 459-483, June.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1998.
"Market efficiency, long-term returns, and behavioral finance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 283-306, September.
- Eugene F Fama, "undated". "Market Efficiency, Long-Term Returns, and Behavioral Finance," CRSP working papers 448, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Eugene F. Fama, "undated". "Market Efficiency, Long-term Returns, and Behavioral Finance," CRSP working papers 340, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Terrance R. Skantz & Roberto Marchesini, 1987. "The Effect Of Voluntary Corporate Liquidation On Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 65-75, March.
- Vinay Patel, 2015. "Price Discovery in US and Australian Stock and Options Markets," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 27.
- Jay N. Ball & Ronald C. Rutherford & Ron J. Shaw, 1993. "The Wealth Effects of Real Estate Spin-Offs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 597-606.
- Carretta, Alessandro & Farina, Vincenzo & Graziano, Elvira Anna & Reale, Marco, 2011. "Does investor attention influence stock market activity? The case of spin-off deals," MPRA Paper 33545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douglas R. Emery & Wilbur G. Lewellen & David C. Mauer, 1988. "Tax-Timing Options, Leverage, And The Choice Of Corporate Form," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(2), pages 99-110, June.
- Harris, Oneil & Madura, Jeff, 2011. "Why are proposed spinoffs withdrawn?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 69-81, February.
- Johnson, Shane A & Klein, Daniel P & Thibodeaux, Verne L, 1996. "The Effects of Spin-Offs on Corporate Investment and Performance," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 293-307, Summer.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:22:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10997-017-9384-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric W. Bond & Thomas A. Gresik, 2011.
"Efficient Delegation by an Informed Principal,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 887-924, September.
- Thomas A. Gresik & Eric W. Bond, 2004. "Efficient Delegation by an Informed Principal," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 42, Econometric Society.
- Debarshi Nandy & Thomas Chemmanur, 2005. "How is Value Created in Spin-Offs? A Look Inside the Black Box," Working Papers 05-09, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & He, Shan, 2016. "Institutional trading, information production, and corporate spin-offs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 54-76.
- Prezas, Alexandros P. & Simonyan, Karen, 2015. "Corporate divestitures: Spin-offs vs. sell-offs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 83-107.
- Audra L. Boone & J. Harold Mulherin, 2001. "Valuing the Process of Corporate Restructuring," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-22, Claremont Colleges.
- Desai, Hemang & Jain, Prem C., 1999. "Firm performance and focus: long-run stock market performance following spinoffs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 75-101, October.
- Harris, Oneil & Madura, Jeff, 2010. "Cause and effects of poison pill adoptions by spinoff units," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 307-330, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:38:y:1983:i:5:p:1597-1606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.