Stock Market Returns and Inflation Forecasts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kearl, J R & Mishkin, Frederic S, 1977. "Illiquidity, the Demand for Residential Housing, and Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1571-1586, December.
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence Summers, 1983.
"Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Long-term Interest Rate,"
NBER Chapters,in: Inflation, Tax Rules, and Capital Formation, pages 153-185
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence Summers, 1978. "Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Long Term-Interest Rate," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 9(1), pages 61-110.
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence H. Summers, 1979. "Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Long Term Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 0232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malkiel, Burton G, 1979. "The Capital Formation Problem in the United States," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(2), pages 291-306, May.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1981.
"The Distribution of the U.S. Capital Stock Between Residential and Industrial Uses,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(1), pages 26-37, January.
- Martin Feldstein, 1980. "The Distribution of the U.S. Capital Stock Between Residential and Industrial Uses," NBER Working Papers 0448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leo Grebler, 1979. "The Growth of Residential Capital Since World War II," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 7(4), pages 539-580.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Quigley, John M, 1980. "What Is the Price Elasticity of Housing Demand?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 449-454, August.
- Hendershott, Patric H. & Cheng Hu, Sheng, 1981. "Inflation and extraordinary returns on owner-occupied housing: Some implications for capital allocation and productivity growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 177-203.
- Friend, Irwin & Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "The Demand for Risky Assets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 900-922, December.
- Barton A. Smith, 1976. "The Supply of Urban Housing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(3), pages 389-405.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Diebold, Francis X., 2009.
"Stock Returns and Expected Business Conditions: Half a Century of Direct Evidence,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 266-278.
- Francis X. Diebold & Sean D. Campbell, 2005. "Stock returns and expected business conditions: half a century of direct evidence," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2005. "Stock Returns and Expected Business Conditions: Half a Century of Direct Evidence," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-025, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 16 Sep 2005.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Diebold, Francis X., 2005. "Stock returns and expected business conditions: Half a century of direct evidence," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2005. "Stock Returns and Expected Business Conditions: Half a Century of Direct Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11736, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Weber & Christian Dorion & Alexandre Jeanneret & Harjoat Bhamra, 2017. "Deflation, Sticky Leverage and Asset Prices," 2017 Meeting Papers 796, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta & Wendy Nyakabawo & Mark E. Wohar, 2017. "Do House Prices Hedge Inflation in the US? A Quantile Cointegration Approach," Working Papers 201707, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- E. Chuke NWUDE, 2013. "A Critical Analysis of Inflation-Hedging Capacity of Packaging Stocks in Nigeria," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(11), pages 1435-1459, November.
- E. Chuke NWUDE, 2013. "Are Building Materials Stocks a Hedge against Inflation in Nigeria," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1343-1361, October.
- Lee, S. R. & Tang, D. P. & Wong, K. Matthew, 2000. "Stock returns during the German hyperinflation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 375-386.
- E. Chuke NWUDE, 2013. "Inflation-Hedging Properties of Petroleum Marketing Stocks in Nigeria," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(12), pages 1488-1512, December.
- Elliott, Graham & Komunjer, Ivana & Timmermann, Allan G, 2003. "Estimating Loss Function Parameters," CEPR Discussion Papers 3821, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Massa, Massimo & Simonov, Andrei, 2005. "Is learning a dimension of risk?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2605-2632, October.
- Arnold, Stephan & Auer, Benjamin R., 2015. "What do scientists know about inflation hedging?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 187-214.
- R. W. Hafer, 1985. "Further evidence on stock price response to changes in weekly money and the discount rate," Working Papers 1985-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michael T. Bond & James R. Webb, 1995. "Real Estate versus Financial Asset Returns and Inflation: Can a P* Trading Strategy Improve REIT Investment Performance?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(3), pages 327-334.
- Jean C. H. Loo, 1988. "Common Stock Returns, Expected Inflation, And The Rational Expectations Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(2), pages 165-172, June.
- Dean Croushore, 1997. "The Livingston Survey: still useful after all these years," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Mar, pages 15-27.
- E. Chuke NWUDE, 2013. "The Impact of Inflation on Stock Market Investment Performance: Evidence from Airlines Automobiles Road Transport and Maritime Sectors Stocks of the Nigerian Stock Exchange," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1257-1276, October.
- Sean Campbell & Canlin Li, 2003. "Per Capita Consumption, Luxury Consumption and the Presidential Puzzle: A Partial Resolution," Working Papers 2003-18, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Madsen, Jakob B., 2002. "The share market boom and the recent disinflation in the OECD countries: the tax-effects, the inflation-illusion and the risk-aversion hypotheses reconsidered1," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 115-141.
- Akturk, Halit, 2014. "Do Stock Returns Provide a Good Hedge Against Inflation? An Empirical Assessment Using Turkish Data during Periods of Structural Change," MPRA Paper 64465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barnes, Michelle & Boyd, John H. & Smith, Bruce D., 1999. "Inflation and asset returns," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 737-754, April.
- David C. Leonard & Michael E. Solt, 1987. "Stock Market Signals Of Changes In Expected Inflation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 57-63, March.
- Aktürk, Halit, 2016. "Do stock returns provide a good hedge against inflation? An empirical assessment using Turkish data during periods of structural change," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 230-246.
- Elizabeth Yobaccio & Jack H. Rubens & David C. Ketcham, 1995. "The Inflation-Hedging Properties of Risk Assets: The Case of REITs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(3), pages 279-296.
- Dragos Stefan Oprea, 2014. "The Fisher effect: Evidence from the Romanian Stock Market," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(5), pages 637-644, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:38:y:1983:i:3:p:663-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.