Stock Prices and Financial Analysts' Recommendations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philipp Stephan & Rüdiger Nitzsch, 2013. "Do individual investors’ stock recommendations in online communities contain investment value?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(2), pages 149-186, June.
- Philipp Kellerhals, B. & Schobel, Rainer, 2002. "The dynamic behavior of closed-end funds and its implication for pricing, forecasting, and trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1615-1643, August.
- Paul Asquith & Michael B. Mikhail & Andrea S. Au, 2002. "Information Content of Equity Analyst Reports," NBER Working Papers 9246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walker, M. Mark & Hatfield, Gay B., 1996. "Professional stock analysts' recommendations: Implications for individual investors," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 13-29.
- Lidén, Erik R., 2003. "Stock Recommendations in Swedish Printed Media: Leading or Misleading?," Working Papers in Economics 99, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 17 Nov 2004.
- T. Hendricks & B. Kempa & C. Pierdzioch, 2010. "Do local analysts have an informational advantage in forecasting stock returns? Evidence from the German DAX30," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 24(2), pages 137-158, June.
- Sant, Rajiv & Zaman, Mir A., 1996. "Market reaction to Business Week 'Inside Wall Street' column: A self-fulfilling prophecy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 617-643, May.
- KENT D. DANIEL & David Hirshleifer & AVANIDHAR SUBRAHMANYAM, 2004. "A Theory of Overconfidence, Self-Attribution, and Security Market Under- and Over-reactions," Finance 0412006, EconWPA.
- David R. Peterson & Pamela P. Peterson, 1995. "Abnormal Returns And Analysts' Earnings Forecast Revisions Associated With The Publication Of “Stock Highlights” By Value Line Investment Survey," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(4), pages 465-477, December.
- Yezegel, Ari, 2015. "Why do analysts revise their stock recommendations after earnings announcements?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 163-181.
- Holden, Craig W & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1996. "Risk Aversion, Liquidity, and Endogenous Short Horizons," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 691-722.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 1996.
"Market timing ability and volatility implied in investment newsletters' asset allocation recommendations,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 397-421, November.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 1994. "Market Timing Ability and Volatility Implied in Investment Newletters' Asset Allocation Recommendations," NBER Working Papers 4890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pieper, Ute & Schiereck, Dirk & Weber, Martin, 1992.
"Die Kaufempfehlungen des "Effecten-Spiegel": Eine empirische Untersuchung im Lichte der Effizienzthese des Kapitalmarktes,"
Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel
296, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Pieper, U. & Schiereck, D. & Weber, M., 1993. "Die Kaufempfehlungen des "Effecten-Spiegel" - Eine empirische Untersuchung im Lichte der Effizienzthese des Kapitalmarktes," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 35481, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Jonathan E. Alevy & Michael K. Price, 2017.
"Advice in the marketplace: a laboratory study,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 20(1), pages 156-180, March.
- Jonathan E. Alevy & Michael K. Price, 2014. "Advice in the Marketplace: A Laboratory Study," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2014-03, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Dev, Pritha, 2013. "Transfer of information by an informed trader," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 58-71.
- Asquith, Paul & Mikhail, Michael & Au, Andrea, 2004. "Information Content of Equity Analyst Reports," Working papers 4264-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stefano Bonini & Laura Zanetti & Roberto Bianchini & Antonio Salvi, 2010. "Target Price Accuracy in Equity Research," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(9-10), pages 1177-1217, November/.
- Ruben M.T. Peixinho & Richard J. Taffler, 2011. "Are analysts misleading investors? The case of goingconcern opinions," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_22, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Rob Brown & Howard Chan & Yew Ho, 2009. "Analysts’ recommendations: from which signal does the market take its lead?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 91-111, August.
- Sercu, Piet & Vandebroek, Martina & Wu, Xueping, 2008. "Is the forward bias economically small? Evidence from European rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1284-1302, December.
- Moshirian, Fariborz & Ng, David & Wu, Eliza, 2009. "The value of stock analysts' recommendations: Evidence from emerging markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 74-83, March.
- Ioannides, Michalis, 2003. "A comparison of yield curve estimation techniques using UK data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Haris Bin Jamil & Aisha Ghazi Aurakzai & Muhammad Subayyal, 2014. "Can Analysts Really Forecast? Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 91-109, Jan-June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:38:y:1983:i:1:p:187-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.