A Theory of Common Stock Returns over Trading and Non-Trading Periods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan G. De Gooijer & Cees G. H. Diks & Łukasz T. Gątarek, 2012.
"Information Flows Around the Globe: Predicting Opening Gaps from Overnight Foreign Stock Price Patterns,"
Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics,
CEJEME, vol. 4(1), pages 23-44, March.
- De Gooijer, J. & Diks, C.G.H. & Gatarek, L., 2009. "Information Flows Around the Globe: Predicting Opening Gaps from Overnight Foreign Stock Price Patterns," CeNDEF Working Papers 09-13, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Boes, Mark-Jan & Drost, Feike C. & Werker, Bas J. M., 2007.
"The Impact of Overnight Periods on Option Pricing,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 517-533, June.
- Boes, M.J. & Drost, F.C. & Werker, B.J.M., 2005. "The Impact of Overnight Periods on Option Pricing," Discussion Paper 2005-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boes, M.J. & Drost, F.C. & Werker, B.J.M., 2007. "The impact of overnight periods on option pricing," Other publications TiSEM fc062462-2359-45ac-8826-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Torben G. Anderson & Tim Bollerslev & Ashish Das, 1998. "Testing for Market Microstructure Effects in Intraday Volatility: A Reassessment of the Tokyo FX Experiment," NBER Working Papers 6666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sobhesh Kumar Agarwalla & Ajay Pandey, 2013. "Expiration‐Day Effects and the Impact of Short Trading Breaks on Intraday Volatility: Evidence from the Indian Market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(11), pages 1046-1070, November.
- Yiuman Tse & Jose A. Gutierrez, 2009. "Where does Volatility and Return Come From? The Case of Asian ETFs," Working Papers 0063, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Fung, Hung-Gay & Patterson, Gary A., 1999. "Volatility linkage among currency futures markets during US trading and non-trading periods," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 129-153, March.
- G. Mujtaba Mian & Christopher M. Adam, 2000. "Does More Market-Wide Information Originate While an Exchange is Open: Some Anomalous Evidence from the ASX," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 25(3), pages 339-352, December.
- Takatoshi Ito & Richard K. Lyons & Michael T. Melvin, 1998.
"Is There Private Information in the FX Market? The Tokyo Experiment,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1111-1130, June.
- Takatoshi Ito & Richard K. Lyons & Michael T. Melvin, 1996. "Is There Private Information in the FX Market? The Tokyo Experiment," Working Papers _005, University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business.
- Takatoshi Ito Richard K. Lyons and Michael T. Melvin., 1997. "Is There Private Information in the FX Market? The Tokyo Experiment," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-270, University of California at Berkeley.
- Takatoshi Ito & Richard K. Lyons & Michael T. Melvin, 1997. "Is There Private Information in the FX Market? The Tokyo Experiment," NBER Working Papers 5936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatosh Ito & Richard K. Lyons & Michael T. Melvin, 1997. "Is there private information in the FX market? the Tokyo experiment," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 97-04, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ito, T. & Lyons, R. & Melvin, M.T., 1997. "Is There Private Information on the FX Market? The Tokyo Experiment," Papers 97-04, Economisch Institut voor het Midden en Kleinbedrijf-.
- Tse, Yiuman & Martinez, Valeria, 2007. "Price discovery and informational efficiency of international iShares funds," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-15.
- Jan G. de Gooijer & Cees G.H. Diks & Lukasz T. Gatarek, 2009. "Information Flows around the Globe: Predicting Opening Gaps from Overnight Foreign Stock Price Patterns," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-107/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nguyen, Vanthuan & Phengpis, Chanwit, 2009. "An analysis of the opening mechanisms of Exchange Traded Fund markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 562-577, May.
- Chen, Chun-Hung & Yu, Wei-Choun & Zivot, Eric, 2012. "Predicting stock volatility using after-hours information: Evidence from the NASDAQ actively traded stocks," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 366-383.
- Albert J. Menkveld & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2003. "Round-the-Clock Price Discovery for Cross-Listed Stocks: US-Dutch Evidence," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-037/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 13 Oct 2003.
- Jones, Charles M. & Kaul, Gautam & Lipson, Marc L., 1994. "Information, trading, and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 127-154, August.
- Kristjanpoller Rodríguez Werner, 2013. "Anomalías en la autocorrelación de rendimientos y la importancia de los periodos de no transacción en mercados latinoamericanos," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 58(1), pages 37-62, enero-mar.
- Ahoniemi, Katja & Lanne, Markku, 2013. "Overnight stock returns and realized volatility," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 592-604.
- Houston, Joel F & Ryngaert, Michael D, 1992. "The Links between Trading Time and Market Volatility," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 91-100, Summer.
- Tse, Yiuman, 1999. "Round-the-clock market efficiency and home bias: Evidence from the international Japanese government bonds futures markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1831-1860, December.
- Gary Gorton & James Dow, 1991. "Trading, Communication and the Response of Price to New Information," NBER Working Papers 3687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fung, Hung-Gay & Patterson, Gary A., 1999. "The dynamic relationship of volatility, volume, and market depth in currency futures markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 33-59, January.
- Riedel, Christoph & Wagner, Niklas, 2015. "Is risk higher during non-trading periods? The risk trade-off for intraday versus overnight market returns," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 53-64.
- Kin Lam & May Chun Mei Wong & Wing-Keung Wong, 2005. "New Variance Ratio Tests to Identify Random Walk from the General Mean Reversion Model," Departmental Working Papers wp0514, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:35:y:1980:i:3:p:729-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.