Dividends, Short Selling Restrictions, Tax-Induced Investor Clienteles and Market Equilibrium
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dan Dhaliwal & Shane Heitzman & Oliver Zhen Li, 2006. "Taxes, Leverage, and the Cost of Equity Capital," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 691-723, September.
- Tim Jenkinson & Leonie Bell, 2000.
"New Evidence of the Impact of Dividend Taxation and on the Identity of the Marginal Investor,"
Economics Series Working Papers
24, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bell, L. & Jenkinson, T., 2000. "New Evidence of the Impact of Dividend Taxation and on the Identity of the Marginal Investor," Economics Series Working Papers 9924, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Leonie Bell & Tim Jenkinson, 2001. "New evidence of the impact of dividend taxation and on the identity of the marginal investor," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe14, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Bell, Leonie & Jenkinson, Tim, 2001. "New Evidence of the Impact of Dividend Taxation and on the Identity of the Marginal Investor," CEPR Discussion Papers 2946, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arman Kosedag & Jinhu Qian, 2009. "Do Dividend Clienteles Explain Price Reactions To Dividend Changes?," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 3(1), pages 47-57.
- Poterba, James M., 2002.
"Taxation, risk-taking, and household portfolio behavior,"
Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.),Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 17, pages 1109-1171,
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Taxation, Risk-Taking, and Household Portfolio Behavior," NBER Working Papers 8340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuller, Kathleen P. & Goldstein, Michael A., 2011. "Do dividends matter more in declining markets?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 457-473, June.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Abhinav Goyal & Brian M. Lucey & Cal B. Muckley, 2015.
"The Global Preference for Dividends in Declining Markets,"
The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 575-609, November.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Abhinav Goyal & Brian M. Lucey & Carl B. Muckley, 2014. "The Global Preference for Dividends in Declining Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp461, IIIS.
- Michael S. H. Shih, 1994. "Corporate Tax Incentives for Conglomerate Mergers: Model Development and Empirical Evidence," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 10(2), pages 453-481, March.
- Fazakas, Gergely & Kosárka, Judit, 2008.
[Dividend policy theories]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 782-806.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1984.
"New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1397-1415, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence A. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," Working papers 338, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," NBER Working Papers 1288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc Rapp & Bernhard Schwetzler, "undated". "Asset Prices in the Presence of a Tax Authority," German Working Papers in Law and Economics 2006-1-1167, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Hartzmark, Samuel M. & Solomon, David H., 2013. "The dividend month premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 640-660.
- Daeyong Lee, 2017. "Dividend taxation and household dividend portfolio decisions: evidence from the U.S. Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(8), pages 723-737, February.
- Brown, Philip & Clarke, Alex & How, Janice C. Y. & Lim, Kadir J. P., 2002. "Analysts' dividend forecasts," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 371-391, September.
- Shijie Liu & Andrew Adams & Boulis M. Ibrahim, 2013. "Effects of Tax on Investment Portfolios and Financial Markets Under Mixed Integer Stochastic Programming," CFI Discussion Papers 1304, Centre for Finance and Investment, Heriot Watt University.
- Kim, Soojung & Park, Soon Hong & Suh, Jungwon, 2018. "A J-shaped cross-sectional relation between dividends and firm value," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 857-877.
- Juhász, Péter & Fazakas, Gergely, 2009.
"Alacsonyabb kockázat - nagyobb osztalék?. A részvénykockázat és az osztalékfizetési hányad kapcsolatának vizsgálata a Budapesti Értéktőzsdén (1997-2007)
[Lower risks - higher dividends?. Examining ," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 322-342.
- Samuel M. Hartzmark & David H. Solomon, 2020. "Reconsidering Returns," NBER Working Papers 27380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rapp, Marc Steffen & Schwetzler, Bernhard, 2008. "Equilibrium security prices with capital income taxes and an exogenous interest rate," CEFS Working Paper Series 2008-08, Technische Universität München (TUM), Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS).
- Thomas J. Cook & Michael S. Rozeff, 1984. "Coskewness, Dividend Yield And Capital Asset Pricing," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 7(3), pages 231-241, September.
- Dialdin Osman & Elsaudi Mohammed, 2010. "Dividend Policy In Saudi Arabia," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 4(1), pages 99-113.
- David G. Kenchington, 2019. "Does a change in dividend tax rates in the U.S. affect equity prices of non-U.S. stocks?," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 593-628, June.
- Darmawan, Mr, 2018. "Dividend Omission Announcement Effect to Market Reaction in Indonesia Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 88090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dhaliwal, Dan & Zhen Li, Oliver & Trezevant, Robert, 2003. "Is a dividend tax penalty incorporated into the return on a firm's common stock?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 155-178, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:35:y:1980:i:2:p:469-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.