Are Betas Best?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Ammer & Jianping Mei, 1995.
"Strategic returns to international diversification: An application to the equity markets of Europe, Japan and North America,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 1(1), pages 49-59.
- John Ammer & Jianping Mei, 1995. "Strategic returns to international diversification: an application to the equity markets of Europe, Japan, and North America," International Finance Discussion Papers 502, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2003.
"Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1651-1684, August.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2002. "Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps," NBER Working Papers 8922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yochanan Shachmurove, "undated".
"Portfolio Analysis of Latin American Stock Markets,"
Penn CARESS Working Papers
33820afad90814b2158b0366c, Penn Economics Department.
- Yochanan Shachmurove, "undated". ""Portfolio Analysis of Latin American Stock Markets''," CARESS Working Papres 97-08, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Lekkos, Ilias, 2001. "Factor models and the correlation structure of interest rates: Some evidence for USD, GBP, DEM and JPY," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1427-1445, August.
- Louis K. C. Chan & Jason Karceski & Josef Lakonishok, 1997. "The Risk and Return from Factors," NBER Working Papers 6098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwan, Clarence C.Y., 2008. "Estimation error in the average correlation of security returns and shrinkage estimation of covariance and correlation matrices," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 236-244, December.
- Ahmed, Parvez, 2001. "Forecasting correlation among equity mutual funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1187-1208, June.
- Shu Wing Ho & Alan Lee & Alastair Marsden, 2011. "Use of Bayesian Estimates to determine the Volatility Parameter Input in the Black-Scholes and Binomial Option Pricing Models," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Cumova, Denisa & Nawrocki, David, 2014. "Portfolio optimization in an upside potential and downside risk framework," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 68-89.
- Jing-zhi Huang & Zhaodong Zhong, 2013. "Time Variation in Diversification Benefits of Commodity, REITs, and TIPS," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 152-192, January.
- Perez Gladish, B. & Jones, D.F. & Tamiz, M. & Bilbao Terol, A., 2007. "An interactive three-stage model for mutual funds portfolio selection," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 75-88, February.
- Louis K.C. Chan & Jason Karceski & Josef Lakonishok, 1999. "On Portfolio Optimization: Forecasting Covariances and Choosing the Risk Model," NBER Working Papers 7039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyer, Thomas O. & Rose, Lawrence C., 2003. "The persistence of international diversification benefits before and during the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 217-242, July.
- Xia, Yusen & Wang, Shouyang & Deng, Xiaotie, 2001. "A compromise solution to mutual funds portfolio selection with transaction costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(3), pages 564-581, November.
- Stephen Gray & Jason Hall & Drew Klease & Alan McCrystal, 2009. "Bias, stability, and predictive ability in the measurement of systematic risk," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 220-236, November.
- Boons, Martijn, 2016. "State variables, macroeconomic activity, and the cross section of individual stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 489-511.
- Boons, M.F., 2014. "Sorting out commodity and macroeconomic risk in expected stock returns," Other publications TiSEM 1ebdac58-bf37-499d-8835-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Martin Wallmeier, 2005. "Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts for DAX100 Firms During the Stock Market Boom of the 1990s," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 19(2), pages 131-151, August.
- Chesney, Marc & Reshetar, Ganna & Karaman, Mustafa, 2011. "The impact of terrorism on financial markets: An empirical study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 253-267, February.
- S. G. M. Fifield & D. M. Power & C. D. Sinclair, 2002. "Emerging stock markets: a more realistic assessment of the gains from diversification," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 213-229.
- Tee, Kai-Hong, 2009. "The effect of downside risk reduction on UK equity portfolios included with Managed Futures Funds," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 303-310, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:33:y:1978:i:5:p:1375-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.