More Evidence on the Distribution of Security Returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rockwell, Charles S., 1967. "Normal Backwardation, Forecasting, and the Return to Commodity Futures Traders," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1975. "Securities Market Efficiency in an Arrow-Debreu Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 812-824, December.
- Telser, Lester G., 1967. "The Supply of Speculative Services in Wheat, Corn, and Soybeans," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James P. Rozelle & Bruce D. Fielitz, 1980. "Stationarity Of Common Stock Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 3(3), pages 229-242, September.
- Panagiotis Samartzis & Nikitas Pittis & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Autoregressive Betas," DEOS Working Papers 1318, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2015. "Factor Models as 'Explanatory Unifiers' versus 'Explanatory Ideals' of Empirical Regularities of Stock Returns," DEOS Working Papers 1507, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- A. Sancetta & Satchell, S.E., 2001. "Bernstein Approximations to the Copula Function and Portfolio Optimization," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0105, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2016.
"Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Time‐Varying Betas,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(5), pages 445-461, August.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2014. "Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Time - Varying Betas," DEOS Working Papers 1409, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Christophe Ley & Anouk Neven, 2013. "Simple Le Cam Optimal Inference for the Tail Weight of Multivariate Student t Distributions: Testing Procedures and Estimation," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-26, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gillemot, L. & Töyli, J. & Kertesz, J. & Kaski, K., 2000. "Time-independent models of asset returns revisited," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 282(1), pages 304-324.
- Drama, Bedi Guy Herve & Yao, Shen, 2010. "Management of Stock Price and it Effect on Economic Growth: Case study of West African Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 24907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kullmann, L & Töyli, J & Kertesz, J & Kanto, A & Kaski, K, 1999. "Characteristic times in stock market indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 98-110.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, EconWPA, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- David Edelman & Thomas Gillespie, 2000. "The Stochastically Subordinated Poisson Normal Process for Modelling Financial Assets," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 133-164, December.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2004. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity (ARCH) Models: A Review," MPRA Paper 80487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drama Bedi Guy HERVE & Yao SHEN, 2010. "Management Of Stock Price And Its Effect On Economic Growth: Case Study Of West African Financial Markets," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(3(13)/Fal), pages 231-246.
- Liuren Wu, 2006.
"Dampened Power Law: Reconciling the Tail Behavior of Financial Security Returns,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1445-1474, May.
- Liuren Wu, 2004. "Dampened Power Law: Reconciling the Tail Behavior of Financial Security Returns," Finance 0401001, EconWPA.
- repec:ris:utmsje:0199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Safarian, Mher, 2013. "On portfolio risk estimation," Working Paper Series in Economics 52, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "On Performativity: Option Theory and the Resistance of Financial Phenomena," GREDEG Working Papers 2016-31, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- McCulloch, J. Huston & Percy, E. Richard, 2013. "Extended Neyman smooth goodness-of-fit tests, applied to competing heavy-tailed distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 275-282.
- López Martín, María del Mar & García, Catalina García & García Pérez, José, 2012. "Treatment of kurtosis in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2032-2045.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:33:y:1978:i:4:p:1213-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.