More Evidence on the Distribution of Security Returns
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 33 (1978)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.afajof.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.afajof.org/membership/join.asp|
- Panagiotis Samartzis & Nikitas Pittis & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Autoregressive Betas," DEOS Working Papers 1318, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2015. "Factor Models as 'Explanatory Unifiers' versus 'Explanatory Ideals' of Empirical Regularities of Stock Returns," DEOS Working Papers 1507, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- A. Sancetta & Satchell, S.E., 2001. "Bernstein Approximations to the Copula Function and Portfolio Optimization," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0105, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2016.
"Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Time‐Varying Betas,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(5), pages 445-461, 08.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2014. "Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Time - Varying Betas," DEOS Working Papers 1409, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Christophe Ley & Anouk Neven, 2013. "Simple Le Cam Optimal Inference for the Tail Weight of Multivariate Student t Distributions: Testing Procedures and Estimation," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-26, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gillemot, L. & Töyli, J. & Kertesz, J. & Kaski, K., 2000. "Time-independent models of asset returns revisited," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 282(1), pages 304-324.
- Kullmann, L & Töyli, J & Kertesz, J & Kanto, A & Kaski, K, 1999. "Characteristic times in stock market indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 98-110.
- Drama, Bedi Guy Herve & Yao, Shen, 2010. "Management of Stock Price and it Effect on Economic Growth: Case study of West African Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 24907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, EconWPA, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- David Edelman & Thomas Gillespie, 2000. "The Stochastically Subordinated Poisson Normal Process for Modelling Financial Assets," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 133-164, December.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2004. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity (ARCH) Models: A Review," MPRA Paper 80487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drama Bedi Guy HERVE & Yao SHEN, 2010. "Management Of Stock Price And Its Effect On Economic Growth: Case Study Of West African Financial Markets," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(3(13)/Fal), pages 231-246.
- Liuren Wu, 2006. "Dampened Power Law: Reconciling the Tail Behavior of Financial Security Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1445-1474, May.
- Liuren Wu, 2004. "Dampened Power Law: Reconciling the Tail Behavior of Financial Security Returns," Finance 0401001, EconWPA.
- repec:ris:utmsje:0199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Safarian, Mher, 2013. "On portfolio risk estimation," Working Paper Series in Economics 52, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "On Performativity: Option Theory and the Resistance of Financial Phenomena," GREDEG Working Papers 2016-31, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- McCulloch, J. Huston & Percy, E. Richard, 2013. "Extended Neyman smooth goodness-of-fit tests, applied to competing heavy-tailed distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 275-282.
- López Martín, María del Mar & García, Catalina García & García Pérez, José, 2012. "Treatment of kurtosis in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2032-2045.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:33:y:1978:i:4:p:1213-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed