Discounts and Premiums on Closed-End Mutual Funds: A Study in Valuation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fair, Ray C, 1978.
"The Sensitivity of Fiscal Policy Effects to Assumptions about the Behavior of the Federal Reserve,"
Econometric Society, pages 1165-1179.
- Ray C. Fair, 1977. "The Sensitivity of Fiscal-Policy Effects to Assumptions about the Behavior of the Federal Reserve," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 446, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1973. "Rational Expectations and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: Comment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 856-860, August.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Eckstein, Otto, 1970. "The Fundamental Determinants of the Interest Rate," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(4), pages 363-375, November.
- Jacobs, Rodney L & Leamer, Edward E & Ward, Michael P, 1979. "Difficulties with Testing for Causation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 401-413, July.
- Modigliani, Franco & Shiller, Robert J, 1973. "Inflation, Rational Expectations and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(157), pages 12-43, February.
- John A. Carlson, 1977. "A Study of Price Forecasts," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 6, number 1, pages 27-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chay, J. B. & Trzcinka, Charles A., 1999.
"Managerial performance and the cross-sectional pricing of closed-end funds,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 379-408, June.
- J.B. Chay & Charles Trzcinka, 1997. "Managerial Performance and the Cross-Sectional Pricing of Closed-End Funds," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Gikas Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1994.
"What Moves the Discount on Country Equity Funds?,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Internationalization of Equity Markets, pages 345-403
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1993. "What Moves the Discount on Country Equity Funds?," NBER Working Papers 4571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1993. "What moves the discount on country equity funds?," Research Paper 9324, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lenkey, Stephen L., 2015. "The closed-end fund puzzle: Management fees and private information," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 112-129.
- Sanning, Lee W. & Skiba, Alexandre & Skiba, Hilla, 2013. "Short sale restrictions, differences of opinion, and single-country, closed-end fund discount," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 44-50.
- Richard W. Sias, 1997. "Price Pressure And The Role Of Institutional Investors In Closed-End Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 211-229, June.
- anonymous, 2006. "The MSOM Society Student Paper Competition: Extended Abstracts of 2005 Winners," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(1), pages 98-117.
- Flynn, Sean Masaki, 2012.
"Noise-trading, costly arbitrage, and asset prices: Evidence from US closed-end funds,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, pages 108-125.
- Flynn, Sean M., 2005. "Noise-trading, Costly Arbitrage, and Asset Prices: Evidence from US Closed-end Funds," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 71, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Korkie, Bob & Nakamura, Mansao & Turtle, Harry J., 2001. "A contingent claim analysis of closed-end fund premia," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 365-394.
- Richard Kum-yew Lai, 2005. "Inventory and the Stock Market," Finance 0509006, EconWPA.
- Flynn, Sean M., 2005. "Sentiment and the Interpretation of News about Fundamentals," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 72, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Grullon, Gustavo & Albert Wang, F., 2001. "Closed-End Fund Discounts with Informed Ownership Differential," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 171-205, April.
- Stylianos X. Koufadakis, 2016. "Mispricing Explanations of Closed-End Funds: A Survey Review," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 66(1-2), pages 108-135, January-J.
- Arak, Marcelle & Taylor, Dean, 1996. "Risk and return in trading closed-end country funds: Can trading beat holding foreign stocks?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 219-231.
- Anoruo, Emmanuel & Ramchander, Sanjay & Thiewes, Harold, 2007. "Crisis, contagion and cross-border effects: Evidence from the Latin American closed-end fund market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 403-418, March.
- Stylianos X. Koufadakis, 2015. "Asymmetries on Closed End Country Funds Premium and Monetary Policy Announcements: An Approach Trough the Perspective of Foreign Countries," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(3-4), pages 29-65, july-Dece.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Mohebshahedin, Mahmood, 2016. "Board governance, monetary interest, and closed-end fund performance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 196-217.
- Heidi Falkenbach & Jaakko Niskanen & Sami KiehelÃ¤, 2013. "Development and performance of the public real estate investment sector in Finland," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 233-247, September.
- Pereira Reichhardt, Joaquín & Iqbal, Tabassum, 2014. "Investment Decisions: Are we fully-Rational?," MPRA Paper 57686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David C. Leonard & Nicholas R. Noble, 1981. "Estimation Of Time—Varying Systematic Risk And Investment Performance: Closed—End Investment Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 4(2), pages 109-120, June.
- Ramchander, Sanjay & Simpson, Marc W. & Thiewes, Harold, 2008. "The effect of macroeconomic news on German closed-end funds," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 708-724, November.
- Raman Kumar & Gregory M. Noronha, 1992. "A Re-Examination Of The Relationship Between Closed-End Fund Discounts And Expenses," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 139-147, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:28:y:1973:i:2:p:515-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.