Money and Stock Prices: The Channels of Influence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomakos, Dimitrios D. & Guerard, John Jr., 2004. "Naive, ARIMA, nonparametric, transfer function and VAR models: A comparison of forecasting performance," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 53-67.
- Masih, Mansur & De Mello, Lurion, 2009. "Do Stock Prices Play a Significant Role in Formulating Monetary Policy? A Case Study," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 62(2), pages 203-232.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Laopodis, Nikiforos T., 2013. "Monetary policy and stock market dynamics across monetary regimes," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 381-406.
- Rahmi Yamak & Yakup Kucukkale, 2002. "Anticipated Money Growth and Stock Prices in Turkey," Macroeconomics 0211010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SHUBITA, Moade Fawzi & AL-SHARKAS, Adel A., 2010. "A Study Of Size Effect And Macroeconomics Factors In New York Stock Exchange Stock Returns," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
- Petri Maki-Franti, 2008. "Money and stock returns: is there habit formation for holding liquid assets?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 63-80.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0435 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douglas K. Pearce & V. Vance Roley, 1982. "The Reaction of Stock Prices to Unanticipated Changes in Money," NBER Working Papers 0958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ansgar Belke & Marcel Wiedmann, 2013. "Monetary Policy, Stock Prices and Central Banks - Cross-Country Comparisons of Cointegrated VAR Models," Ruhr Economic Papers 0435, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Westerlund, Joakim & Narayan, Paresh, 2016. "Testing for predictability in panels of any time series dimension," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1162-1177.
- Belke, Ansgar & Wiedmann, Marcel, 2013. "Monetary Policy, Stock Prices and Central Banks - Cross-Country Comparisons of Cointegrated VAR Models," Ruhr Economic Papers 435, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:ksp:journ5:v:5:y:2018:i:1:p:12-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sellin, Peter, 2001. " Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 491-541, September.
- Heimonen, Kari, 2010. "Money and equity returns in the Euro area," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 152-169.
- Laopodis, Nikiforos T., 2009. "Fiscal policy and stock market efficiency: Evidence for the United States," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 633-650, May.
- Chen, Shiu-Sheng, 2009. "Predicting the bear stock market: Macroeconomic variables as leading indicators," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 211-223, February.
- Abouwafia, Hashem E. & Chambers, Marcus J., 2015. "Monetary policy, exchange rates and stock prices in the Middle East region," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 14-28.
- Geoffrey H. Moore, 1983. "Security Markets and Business Cycles," NBER Chapters,in: Business Cycles, Inflation, and Forecasting, 2nd edition, pages 139-160 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikiforos Laopodis, 2010. "Dynamic linkages between monetary policy and the stock market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 271-293, October.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1372-1382 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arshad Hasan & M. Tariq Javed, 2009. "An Empirical Investigation of the Causal Relationship among Monetary Variables and Equity Market Returns," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 14(1), pages 115-137, Jan-Jun.
- Ming-Chi Chen & Chi-Lu Peng & So-De Shyu & Jhih-Hong Zeng, 2012. "Market States and the Effect on Equity REIT Returns due to Changes in Monetary Policy Stance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 364-382, August.
- Heuts, R.M.J., 1978. "Portfolio models and time series analysis," Other publications TiSEM 48458631-edc8-42e9-8359-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:27:y:1972:i:2:p:231-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.