The Tradeoff Between Performance And Quitting In High Power Tournaments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philipp Ager & Leonardo Bursztyn & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2016.
"Killer Incentives: Status Competition and Pilot Performance during World War II,"
NBER Working Papers
22992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ager, Philipp & Bursztyn, Leonardo & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2017. "Killer Incentives: Status Competition and Pilot Performance during World War II," CEPR Discussion Papers 11751, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:clg:wpaper:2013-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosaz, Julie & Slonim, Robert & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2016.
"Quitting and peer effects at work,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 55-67.
- Julie Rosaz & Robert Slonim & Marie-Claire Villeval, 2012. "Quitting and Peer Effects at Work," Working Papers 1204, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Julie Rosaz & Robert Slonim & Marie Claire Villeval, 2016. "Quitting and peer effects at work," Post-Print halshs-01300720, HAL.
- Julie Rosaz & Robert Slonim & Marie Claire Villeval, 2015. "Quitting and Peer Effects at Work," Working Papers halshs-00684812, HAL.
- Rosaz, Julie & Slonim, Robert & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2012. "Quitting and Peer Effects at Work," IZA Discussion Papers 6475, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Emmanuel Dechenaux & Dan Kovenock & Roman Sheremeta, 2015.
"A survey of experimental research on contests, all-pay auctions and tournaments,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 18(4), pages 609-669, December.
- Emmanuel Dechenaux & Dan Kovenock & Roman Sheremeta, 2012. "A Survey of Experimental Research on Contests, All-Pay Auctions and Tournaments," Working Papers 12-22, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Kovenock, Dan & Sheremeta, Roman, 2014. "A Survey of Experimental Research on Contests, All-Pay Auctions and Tournaments," MPRA Paper 59714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Kovenock, Dan & Sheremeta, Roman M., 2012. "A survey of experimental research on contests, all-pay auctions and tournaments," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2012-109, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Qiang Fu & Changxia Ke & Fangfang Tan, 2013. ""Success Breeds Success" or "Pride Goes Before a Fall"? Teams and Individuals in Multi-contest Tournaments," Working Papers tax-mpg-rps-2013-06, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Delfgaauw, Josse & Dur, Robert & Non, Arjan & Verbeke, Willem, 2014.
"Dynamic incentive effects of relative performance pay: A field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-13.
- Josse Delfgaauw & Robert Dur & Arjan Non & Willem Verbeke, 2010. "Dynamic Incentive Effects of Relative Performance Pay: A Field Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-124/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 27 Sep 2011.
- Delfgaauw, Josse & Dur, Robert & Non, Arjan & Verbeke, Willem, 2013. "Dynamic Incentive Effects of Relative Performance Pay: A Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7652, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- De Paola, Maria & Gioia, Francesca & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2016.
"The Adverse Consequences of Tournaments: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9854, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maria De Paola & Francesca Gioia & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2016. "The Adverse Consequences Of Tournaments: Evidence From A Field Experiment," Working Papers 201607, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Denter, Philipp & Sisak, Dana, 2013. "Do Polls Create Momentum in Political Campaigns?," Economics Working Paper Series 1326, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Colin Green & Fernando Lozano & Rob Simmons, 2015.
"Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions' League Qualifying Rules,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 232(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Green, Colin P. & Lozano, Fernando A. & Simmons, Rob, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions League Qualifying Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 8950, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fu, Qiang & Ke, Changxia & Tan, Fangfang, 2015. "“Success breeds success” or “Pride goes before a fall”?," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 57-79.
- Jonah Berger & Devin Pope, 2011. "Can Losing Lead to Winning?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(5), pages 817-827, May.
- Tim Straub & Henner Gimpel & Florian Teschner & Christof Weinhardt, 2015. "How (not) to Incent Crowd Workers," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 57(3), pages 167-179, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jeurec:v:9:y:2011:i:2:p:318-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.