Making More from Less: Strategic Demand Reduction in the FCC Spectrum Auctions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Klemperer, 2002. "What Really Matters in Auction Design," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 169-189, Winter.
- Pagnozzi, Marco, 2009. "Resale and bundling in auctions," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 667-678, November.
- Frank Riedel & Elmar Wolfstetter, 2006. "Immediate demand reduction in simultaneous ascending-bid auctions: a uniqueness result," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(3), pages 721-726, November.
- Stefan Weishaar, 2007. "CO 2 emission allowance allocation mechanisms, allocative efficiency and the environment: a static and dynamic perspective," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 29-70, August.
- Ausubel Lawrence M & Milgrom Paul R, 2002. "Ascending Auctions with Package Bidding," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-44, August.
- Todd R. Kaplan & Shmuel Zamir, 2014. "Advances in Auctions," Discussion Papers 1405, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Frank Riedel & Elmar G. Wolfstetter, 2004. "Immediate Demand Reduction in Simultaneous Ascending Bid Auctions (new title: Immediate demand reduction in simultaneous ascending-bid auctions: a uniqueness result)," CESifo Working Paper Series 1315, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cramton Peter & Schwartz Jesse A, 2002.
"Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Peter Cramton & Jesse Schwartz, 2000. "Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1210, Econometric Society.
- Peter Cramton & Jesse Schwartz, 2002. "Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 02collude, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 04 Dec 2002.
- Elmar G. Wolfstetter, 2001.
"The Swiss UMTS Spectrum Auction Flop: Bad Luck or Bad Design,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
534, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2001. "The Swiss UMTS spectrum auction flop: Bad luck or bad design?," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,50, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Cramton, Peter & Schwartz, Jesse A, 2000.
"Collusive Bidding: Lessons from the FCC Spectrum Auctions,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 229-252, May.
- Peter Cramton & Jesse Schwartz, 2000. "Collusive Bidding: Lessons from the FCC Spectrum Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 00jre, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 09 Mar 1999.
- Gretschko, Vitali & Bichler, Martin & Janssen, Maarten, 2016. "Bargaining in Spectrum Auctions: A Review of the German Auction in 2015," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145809, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jacob Goeree & Theo Offerman & Randolph Sloof, 2013.
"Demand reduction and preemptive bidding in multi-unit license auctions,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(1), pages 52-87, March.
- Jacob Goeree & Theo Offerman & Randolph Sloof, 2004. "Demand Reduction and Preemptive Bidding in Multi-Unit License Auctions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-122/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jacob K. Goeree & Theo Offerman & Randolph Sloof, 2009. "Demand reduction and preemptive bidding in multi-unit license auctions," IEW - Working Papers 430, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Goeree, Jacob K. & Offerman, Theo & Sloof, Randolph, 2005. "Demand Reduction and Pre-emptive Bidding in Multi-Unit License Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 4899, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Ning & Ghosh, Arpita & Lambert, Nicolas S., 2014. "Auctions for social lending: A theoretical analysis," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 367-391.
- Wellman Michael P & Osepayshvili Anna & MacKie-Mason Jeffrey K & Reeves Daniel, 2008. "Bidding Strategies for Simultaneous Ascending Auctions," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-43, December.
- Marco Pagnozzi, 2007. "Should Speculators Be Welcomed in Auctions?," CSEF Working Papers 176, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Bajari, Patrick & Yeo, Jungwon, 2009. "Auction design and tacit collusion in FCC spectrum auctions," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 90-100, June.
- Raphaële Préget, 2004. "Adjudications des valeurs du Trésor," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 18(4), pages 63-110.
- Kaplan, Todd R. & Zamir, Shmuel, 2015. "Advances in Auctions," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, Elsevier.
- Marco Pagnozzi & Krista J. Saral, 2015. "Demand Reduction in Multi-Object Auctions with Resale: An Experimental Analysis," CSEF Working Papers 416, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Emiel Maasland & Sander Onderstal, 2006. "Going, Going, Gone! A Swift Tour of Auction Theory and its Applications," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(2), pages 197-249, June.
- Emiel Maasland & Sander Onderstal, 2006. "Going, Going, Gone! A Swift Tour of Auction Theory and Its Applications," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 481-481, September.
- Bernard, John C. & Mount, Timothy D. & Schulze, William D., 1998. "Alternative Auction Institutions For Electric Power Markets," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Alan Kirman & Sonia Moulet, 2008. "Impact de l'organisation du marché: Comparaison de la négociation de gré à gré et des enchères descendantes," Working Papers halshs-00349034, HAL.
- Nik-Khah, Edward, 2006. "What the FCC auctions can tell us about the performativity thesis," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 7(2), pages 15-21.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jemstr:v:6:y:1997:i:3:p:529-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/journals/JEMS/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.