The dynamic Heckscher–Ohlin model: A diagrammatic analysis
In this paper, we show that the main results of dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin models (with non-homothetic preferences) can be derived from diagrams which represent the basic functions in static models such as the Rybczynski line, income expansion paths, and excess demand functions at steady states. Results include not only the existence and the multiplicity of steady states in autarky and under free trade, but also their stabilities and the static and dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin theorems.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1742-7355|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1742-7355|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhiqi Chen, 1992. "Long-Run Equilibria in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 923-43, November.
- Bond, Eric W. & Iwasa, Kazumichi & Nishimura, Kazuo, 2013.
"Poverty Traps And Inferior Goods In A Dynamic Heckscher–Ohlin Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1227-1251, September.
- Eric W. Bond & Kazumichi Iwasa & Kazuo Nishimura, 2011. "Poverty Trap and Inferior Goods in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," KIER Working Papers 766, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Benhabib, Jess & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1979. "On the Uniqueness of Steady States in an Economy with Heterogeneous Capital Goods," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Koji Shimomura & Kazuo Nishimura, 2001.
"Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model,"
Discussion Paper Series
117, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Shimomura, Koji, 2002. "Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 244-260, July.
- Eric Bond & Kazumichi Iwasa & Kazuo Nishimura, 2011.
"A dynamic two country Heckscher–Ohlin model with non-homothetic preferences,"
Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 171-204, September.
- Eric W. Bond & Kazumichi Iwasa & Kazuo Nishimura, 2009. "A Dynamic Two Country Heckscher-Ohlin Model with Non-Homothetic Preferences," KIER Working Papers 686, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Weller, Paul & Yano, Makoto, 1987. "Forward Exchange, Futures Trading, and Spot Price Variability: A General Equilibrium Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1433-50, November.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Indeterminacy in a dynamic two-country model," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 307-324, October.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2010. "Expectation-driven fluctuations and welfare loss under free trade in two-country models," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(1), pages 97-125.
- Been-Lon Chen & Kazuo Nishimura & Koji Shimomura, 2008. "Time preference and two-country trade," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(1), pages 29-52.
- Brock, William A, 1973. "Some Results on the Uniqueness of Steady States in Multisector Models of Optimum Growth when Future Utilities are Discounted," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 535-59, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1970. "Factor Price Equalization in a Dynamic Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 456-88, May-June.
- Ventura, Jaume, 1997. "Growth and Interdependence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(1), pages 57-84, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijethy:v:8:y:2012:i:2:p:197-211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.