The dynamic Heckscher–Ohlin model: A diagrammatic analysis
In this paper, we show that the main results of dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin models (with non-homothetic preferences) can be derived from diagrams which represent the basic functions in static models such as the Rybczynski line, income expansion paths, and excess demand functions at steady states. Results include not only the existence and the multiplicity of steady states in autarky and under free trade, but also their stabilities and the static and dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin theorems.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1742-7355|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1742-7355|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benhabib, Jess & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1979. "On the Uniqueness of Steady States in an Economy with Heterogeneous Capital Goods," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Shimomura, Koji, 2002.
"Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 244-260, July.
- Koji Shimomura & Kazuo Nishimura, 2001. "Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Discussion Paper Series 117, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Bond, Eric W. & Iwasa, Kazumichi & Nishimura, Kazuo, 2013. "Poverty Traps And Inferior Goods In A Dynamic Heckscher–Ohlin Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1227-1251, September.
- Eric W. Bond & Kazumichi Iwasa & Kazuo Nishimura, 2011. "Poverty Trap and Inferior Goods in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," KIER Working Papers 766, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Zhiqi Chen, 1992. "Long-Run Equilibria in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 923-943, November.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2010. "Expectation-driven fluctuations and welfare loss under free trade in two-country models," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(1), pages 97-125.
- Eric Bond & Kazumichi Iwasa & Kazuo Nishimura, 2011. "A dynamic two country Heckscher–Ohlin model with non-homothetic preferences," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 48(1), pages 171-204, September.
- Eric W. Bond & Kazumichi Iwasa & Kazuo Nishimura, 2009. "A Dynamic Two Country Heckscher-Ohlin Model with Non-Homothetic Preferences," KIER Working Papers 686, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Been-Lon Chen & Kazuo Nishimura & Koji Shimomura, 2008. "Time preference and two-country trade," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(1), pages 29-52.
- Brock, William A, 1973. "Some Results on the Uniqueness of Steady States in Multisector Models of Optimum Growth when Future Utilities are Discounted," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 535-559, October.
- Jaume Ventura, 1997. "Growth and Interdependence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 57-84.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1970. "Factor Price Equalization in a Dynamic Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 456-488, May-June.
- Weller, Paul & Yano, Makoto, 1987. "Forward Exchange, Futures Trading, and Spot Price Variability: A General Equilibrium Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1433-1450, November.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Indeterminacy in a dynamic two-country model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(2), pages 307-324, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)