Agricultural Economics, Interdependence And Uncertainty
Interdependence has always been central to economics but assumes pressing importance for agricultural economists as they deal with industrialising agricultures. Continued unresolvable uncertainties, when properly recognised, also add to the challenge of relevant work in agricultural economics. The related roles of interdependence and uncertainty are illustrated through examples from the progress of agricultural technology and enhancement of food security.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 26 (1982)
Issue (Month): 2 (08)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-8489
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://ordering.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/subs.asp?ref=1467-8489&doi=10.1111/(ISSN)1467-8489|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gregory, R.G., 1976.
"Some Implications Of The Growth Of The Mineral Sector,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 20(02), August.
- R.G. Gregory, 1976. "Some Implications Of The Growth Of The Mineral Sector," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 20(2), pages 71-91, 08.
- Anderson, Jock R., 1972. "An Overview of Modelling in Agricultural Management," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 40(03), September.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1981. "Resource Depletion under Technological Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 85-104, January.
- J.H. Duloy, 1959. "Resource Allocation And A Fitted Production Function," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 3(2), pages 75-85, December.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1978.
"Altruism in Law and Economics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 417-21, May.
- Duloy, J.H., 1959. "Resource Allocation And A Fitted Production Function," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 3(02), December.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B, 1981. "Certainty Planning in an Uncertain World: A Reconsideration," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 507-10, July.
- Stoeckel, Andrew B., 1979. "Some General Equilibrium Effects Of Mining Growth On The Economy," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 23(01), April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- te Kloot, Jack H. & Anderson, Jock R., 1977. "Estimation Of Technological Change In The Pastoral Zone," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 45(04), December.
- Holmes, A S, 1981. "The Good Fight," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 57(156), pages 1-11, March.
- Becker, Gary S, 1976. "Altruism, Egoism, and Genetic Fitness: Economics and Sociobiology," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 817-26, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ajarec:v:26:y:1982:i:2:p:89-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.