The influence of culture on accountants' application of financial reporting rules
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lang, Mark & Smith Raedy, Jana & Wilson, Wendy, 2006. "Earnings management and cross listing: Are reconciled earnings comparable to US earnings?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 255-283, October.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Piotroski, Joseph D., 2006. "Financial reporting incentives for conservative accounting: The influence of legal and political institutions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 107-148, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvia Gardini & F. Marta L. Di Lascio & Franco Visani, 2017. "How cultural and contextual variables affect the disclosure and transparency of pro-forma indicators," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS41, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Timothy S. Doupnik, 2008. "Influence of Culture on Earnings Management: A Note," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 44(3), pages 317-340.
- Abdolmohammadi, Mohammad J. & Sarens, Gerrit, 2011. "An Investigation of the Association between Cultural Dimensions and Variations in Perceived Use of and Compliance with Internal Auditing Standards in 19 Countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 365-389.
- García-Sánchez, Isabel-María & Rodríguez-Ariza, Lázaro & Frías-Aceituno, José-Valeriano, 2013. "The cultural system and integrated reporting," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 828-838.
- Masoumeh Sadat Rasouli & Bahman Banimahd & Ramezan Ali Royaee, 2015. "The Effect of Motivational Values on Professionalism in Accounting," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 5(1), pages 19-26, January.
- Yasemin Zengin Karaibrahimoglu & Burcu Guneri Cangarli, 2016. "Do Auditing and Reporting Standards Affect Firms’ Ethical Behaviours? The Moderating Role of National Culture," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 55-75, November.
- Mazboudi, Mohamad & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2017. "Secrecy, information shocks, and corporate investment : Evidence from European Union countries," Research Discussion Papers 19/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Katarzyna Koleœnik, 2014. "The Role Of Culture In Accounting In The Light Of Hofstede’S, Gray’S And Schwartz’S Cultural Dimensions Theories – A Literature Review," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(3), pages 33-41, January.
- Gallego-Álvarez, Prof. Isabel & Ortas, Prof. Eduardo, 2017. "Corporate environmental sustainability reporting in the context of national cultures: A quantile regression approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 337-353.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:abacus:v:43:y:2007:i:1:p:27-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.