What Have They Been Thinking? Homebuyer Behavior in Hot and Cold Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller & Anne Thompson, 2012. "What Have They Been Thinking? Home Buyer Behavior in Hot and Cold Markets," NBER Working Papers 18400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller & Anne K. Thompson, 2012. "What Have They Been Thinking" Home Buyer Behavior in Hot and Cold Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1876, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Margaret Hwang Smith & Gary Smith, 2006. "Bubble, Bubble, Where's the Housing Bubble?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 37(1), pages 1-68.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1981. "A dynamic model of housing production," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Jonathan McCarthy & Richard Peach, 2004. "Are home prices the next \\"bubble\\"?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-17.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Waltl, Sofie R., 2018.
"Estimating quantile-specific rental yields for residential housing in Sydney,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 204-225.
- Sofie R. Waltl, 2016. "Estimating aggregate quantile-specific gross rental yields for residential housing in Sydney," Graz Economics Papers 2016-09, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2006. "Housing Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 12787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Jing, 2015.
"Cointegration of matched home purchases and rental price indexes — Evidence from Singapore,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 80-88.
- Jing Li & Badi Baltagi, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes - Evidence from Singapore," ERSA conference papers ersa15p571, European Regional Science Association.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Jing Li, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes - Evidence from Sinpagore," CESifo Working Paper Series 5559, CESifo.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Jing Li, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes: Evidence from Singapore," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 185, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Gary Smith, 2014. "Why Are Some Home Values Resistant and Others Resilient?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 17(2), pages 223-240.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Lin, Kun-Li & Guo, Na, 2016. "Hawk or dove: Switching regression model for the monetary policy reaction function in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 94-111.
- repec:oup:ecpoli:v:26:y:2011:i:66:p:233-283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mikhed, Vyacheslav & Zemcík, Petr, 2009.
"Do house prices reflect fundamentals? Aggregate and panel data evidence,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 140-149, June.
- Vyacheslav Mikhed & Petr Zemcik, 2007. "Do House Prices Reflect Fundamentals? Aggregate and Panel Data Evidence," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp337, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Biljana Davidovska Stojanova & Branimir Jovanovic & Maja Kadievska Vojnovic & Gani Ramadani & Magdalena Petrovska, 2008. "Real Estate Prices In The Republic Of Macedonia," Working Papers 2008-03, National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2007. "Arbitrage in Housing Markets," NBER Working Papers 13704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher L. Foote & Kristopher S. Gerardi & Paul S. Willen, 2010. "Reasonable people did disagree : optimism and pessimism about the U.S. housing market before the crash," Public Policy Discussion Paper 10-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Itamar Caspi, 2015.
"Testing for a housing bubble at the national and regional level: the case of Israel,"
Globalization Institute Working Papers
246, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Itamar Caspi, 2015. "Testing for a Housing Bubble at the National and Regional Level: The Case of Israel," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2015.05, Bank of Israel.
- Konstantin Kholodilin, 2015. "Speculative Bubbles in Urban Housing Markets in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa15p67, European Regional Science Association.
- Garner, Thesia I. & Verbrugge, Randal, 2009.
"Reconciling user costs and rental equivalence: Evidence from the US consumer expenditure survey,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 172-192, September.
- Randal Verbrugge & Thesia I. Garner, 2009. "Reconciling User Costs and Rental Equivalence: Evidence from the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey," Working Papers 427, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller & Anne K. Thompson, 2012. "What Have They Been Thinking" Home Buyer Behavior in Hot and Cold Markets -- A 2014 Update," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1876R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2015.
- Yongqiang Chu, 2014.
"Credit constraints, inelastic supply, and the housing boom,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(1), pages 52-69, January.
- Yongqiang Chu, 2013. "Code and data files for "Credit Constraints, Inelastic Supply, and the Housing Boom"," Computer Codes 11-134, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Elias Oikarinen, 2008. "Empirical application of the housing-market no-arbitrage condition: problems, solutions and a Finnish case study," Discussion Papers 39, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Cabray L. Haines & Richard J. Rosen, 2007. "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 31(Q I), pages 16-35.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Claus Michelsen & Dirk Ulbricht, 2014. "Speculative Price Bubbles in Urban Housing Markets in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1417, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Giorgio Bellettini & Filippo Taddei, 2009.
"Real Estate Prices and the Importance of Bequest Taxation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Giorgio Bellettini & Filippo Taddei, 2009. "Real Estate Prices and the Importance of Bequest Taxation," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 107, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2011.
- Itamar Caspi, 2016. "Testing for a housing bubble at the national and regional level: the case of Israel," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 483-516, September.
- Jane Dokko & Brian M. Doyle & Michael T. Kiley & Jinill Kim & Shane Sherlund & Jae Sim & Skander Van Den Heuvel, 2011. "Monetary policy and the global housing bubble," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(66), pages 233-283, April.
More about this item
Keywordshomebuyers; housing market; mortage rates; bubbles;
All these keywords.
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:43:y:2012:i:2012-02:p:265-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.