The Changing Face of Job Loss in the United States, 1981-1995
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Love, David, 2006. "Buffer stock saving in retirement accounts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1473-1492, October.
- Ost, Ben & Pan, Weixiang & Webber, Doug, 2018.
"The impact of mass layoffs on the educational investments of working college students,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1-12.
- Ost, Ben & Pan, Weixiang & Webber, Douglas A., 2016. "The Impact of Mass Layoffs on the Educational Investments of Working College Students," IZA Discussion Papers 10078, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:spr:izalbr:v:7:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40172-018-0063-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Randall W. Eberts, 2008.
"Reemployment and Earnings Recovery among Older Unemployment Insurance Claimants,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Randall W. Eberts, 2007. "Reemployment and Earnings Recovery among Older Unemployment Insurance Claimants," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 07-133, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Haile, Getinet Astatike, 2009.
"The Nature and Extent of Job Separations in Germany: Some New Evidence from SOEP,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4216, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Getinet Haile, 2009. "The Nature and Extent of Job Separations in Germany: Some New Evidence from SOEP," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 208, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg & Pieter A. Gautier & A. Gijsbert C. van Lomwel & Jan C. van Ours & Christopher J. Ruhm, 1998.
"Displaced Workers in the United States and the Netherlands,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
98-084/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Abbring, J.H. & van den Berg, G. & Gautier, P.A. & van Lomwel, A.G.C. & van Ours, J.C. & Ruhm, C.J., 1998. "Displaced Workers in The United States and The Netherlands," Discussion Paper 1998-96, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bognanno, Michael & Kambayashi, Ryo, 2013.
"Trends in worker displacement penalties in Japan: 1991–2005,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 41-57.
- Michael Bognanno & Ryo Kambayashi, 2007. "Trends in Worker Displacement Penalties in Japan: 1991-2005," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d07-218, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bognanno, Michael L. & Kambayashi, Ryo, 2007. "Trends in Worker Displacement Penalties in Japan: 1991-2005," IZA Discussion Papers 2954, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Susan N. Houseman & Anne E. Polivka, 1999. "The Implications of Flexible Staffing Arrangements for Job Stability," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 99-56, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel, 2000.
"Job destruction and the experiences of displaced workers,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 87-128, June.
- den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel, 1999. "Job Destruction and the Experiences of Displaced Workers," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt1rd0w96t, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Wouter J. den Haan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1999. "Job Destruction and the Experiences of Displaced Workers," NBER Working Papers 7218, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ortego-Marti, Victor, 2017.
"Loss of skill during unemployment and TFP differences across countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 215-235.
- Victor Ortego-Marti, 2015. "Loss of Skill during Unemployment and TFP Differences across Countries," Working Papers 201513, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Kunze, Astrid & Troske, Kenneth R., 2012.
"Life-cycle patterns in male/female differences in job search,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 176-185.
- Kunze, Astrid & Troske, Kenneth, 2009. "Life-Cycle Patterns in Male/Female Differences in Job Search," IZA Discussion Papers 4656, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kunze, Astrid & Troske, Kenneth R., 2010. "Life-Cycle Patterns in Male/Female Differences in Job Search," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 2/2010, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Geishecker, Ingo, 2006. "The impact of international outsourcing on individual employment security: a micro level analysis," Discussion Papers 2006/17, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Mandal, Bidisha & Ayyagari, Padmaja & Gallo, William T., 2011. "Job loss and depression: The role of subjective expectations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(4), pages 576-583, February.
- Jacobson, Louis & LaLonde, Robert & G. Sullivan, Daniel, 2005.
"Estimating the returns to community college schooling for displaced workers,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 271-304.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 2002. "Estimating the returns to community college schooling for displaced workers," Working Paper Series WP-02-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jacobson, Louis & LaLonde, Robert J. & Sullivan, Daniel G., 2004. "Estimating the Returns to Community College Schooling for Displaced Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 1017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2711-2805 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1999. "The High-Pressure U.S. Labor Market of the 1990s," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(1), pages 1-88.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Ann E. Ferris & Jeffrey C. Fuhrer, 1999. "New data on worker flows during business cycles," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 49-76.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2439-2483 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joonmo Cho & Jaeho Keum, 2009. "Dualism In Job Stability Of The Korean Labour Market: The Impact Of The 1997 Financial Crisis," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 155-175, May.
More about this item
Keywordsmicroeconomics; job loss; unemployment; AT&T; displaced workers surveys; corporations; labor force; CPS;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:28:y:1997:i:1997-3:p:55-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.