Robust Nonparametric Quantile Estimation of Efficiency and Productivity Change in U.S. Commercial Banking, 1985â€“2004
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2001.
"Theoretical and Empirical properties of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Multivariate GARCH,"
NBER Working Papers
8554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Sheppard, Kevin K, 2001. "Theoretical and Empirical Properties of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Multivariate GARCH," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt5s2218dp, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Engle, Robert F. & Gallo, Giampiero M., 2006.
"A multiple indicators model for volatility using intra-daily data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 3-27.
- Robert F. Engle & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2003. "A Multiple Indicators Model for Volatility Using Intra-Daily Data," NBER Working Papers 10117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert F. Engle & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2003. "A Multiple Indicators Model For Volatility Using Intra-Daily Data," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2003_07, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Sébastien Laurent & Luc Bauwens & Jeroen V. K. Rombouts, 2006.
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 79-109.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2003. "Multivariate GARCH models: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers 2003031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen VK, 2006. "Multivariate GARCH models: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1847, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jianqing Fan & Mingjin Wang & Qiwei Yao, 2008.
"Modelling multivariate volatilities via conditionally uncorrelated components,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 70(4), pages 679-702.
- Fan, Jianqing & Wang, Mingjin & Yao, Qiwei, 2008. "Modelling multivariate volatilities via conditionally uncorrelated components," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 22875, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Nardari, Federico & Shephard, Neil, 2006. "Analysis of high dimensional multivariate stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 341-371, October.
- Abadir,Karim M. & Magnus,Jan R., 2005. "Matrix Algebra," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521537469, March.
- Nelson, Daniel B & Foster, Dean P, 1994.
"Asymptotic Filtering Theory for Univariate ARCH Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 1-41, January.
- Daniel B. Nelson & Dean P. Foster, 1994. "Asypmtotic Filtering Theory for Univariate Arch Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-547, August.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521822893 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2013. "Generalized Autoregressive Score Models With Applications," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(5), pages 777-795, August.
- Gourieroux, C. & Jasiak, J. & Sufana, R., 2009.
"The Wishart Autoregressive process of multivariate stochastic volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 167-181, June.
- Joan Jasiak & R. Sufana & C. Gourieroux, 2005. "The Wishart Autoregressive Process of Multivariate Stochastic Volatility," Working Papers 2005_2, York University, Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Carlos Matallín-Sáez & Amparo Soler-Domínguez & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2013. "Does active management add value? New evidence from a quantile regression," Working Papers 2013/01, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Alexander Schiersch, 2013. "Firm size and efficiency in the German mechanical engineering industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 335-350, February.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2014. "The efficiency of labor matching and remuneration reforms: a panel data quantile regression approach with endogenous treatment variables," Working Papers w0206, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 2015. "Statistical Approaches for Non-parametric Frontier Models: A Guided Tour," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 83(1), pages 77-110, April.
- R. Raymond Sant & Stephen B. Carter, 2015. "Acquired Credit Unions: Drivers of Takeover," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(8), pages 18-33, August.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2010.
"Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: Is it quantity or quality that matters?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1529-1545, December.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: is it quantity or quality that matters?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2006,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Brandon Pope & Andrew Johnson, 2013. "Returns to scope: a metric for production synergies demonstrated for hospital production," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 239-250, October.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:261:y:2017:i:3:p:1125-1140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amparo Soler Domínguez & Juan Carlos Matallín Sáez & Emili Tortosa Ausina, 2011. "On the informativeness of persistence for mutual funds' performance evaluation using partial frontiers," Working Papers. Serie EC 2011-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Madalina STOICA & Anamaria ALDEA, 2016. "Efficiency Of Teaching And Research Activities In Romanian Universities: An Order – Alpha Partial Frontiers Approach," ECONOMIC COMPUTATION AND ECONOMIC CYBERNETICS STUDIES AND RESEARCH, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, vol. 50(4), pages 169-186.
- Amparo Soler Domínguez & Juan Carlos Matallín Sáez & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2013. "Does active management add value? New evidence from a quantile regression approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2013-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:66-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghulam, Yaseen & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2015. "Efficiency and productivity of the cement industry: Pakistani experience of deregulation and privatisation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 101-115.
- Thieme, Claudio & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2013. "A multilevel decomposition of school performance using robust nonparametric frontier techniques," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 104-121.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2013. "The evolution of cost-productivity and efficiency among US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 75-88.
- Hou, Xiaohui & Wang, Qing & Zhang, Qi, 2014. "Market structure, risk taking, and the efficiency of Chinese commercial banks," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 75-88.
- Xia, X.H. & Chen, Y.B. & Li, J.S. & Tasawar, H. & Alsaedi, A. & Chen, G.Q., 2014. "Energy regulation in China: Objective selection, potential assessment and responsibility sharing by partial frontier analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 292-302.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:27:i:3:y:2009:p:354-368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.