Can Nonrandomized Experiments Yield Accurate Answers? A Randomized Experiment Comparing Random and Nonrandom Assignments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kenneth Fortson & Natalya Verbitsky-Savitz & Emma Kopa & Philip Gleason, 2012. "Using an Experimental Evaluation of Charter Schools to Test Whether Nonexperimental Comparison Group Methods Can Replicate Experimental Impact Estimates," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 27f871b5b7b94f3a80278a593, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2013.
"Sensitivity of matching-based program evaluations to the availability of control variables,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 111-121.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2011. "Sensitivity of matching-based program evaluations to the availability of control variables," CEPR Discussion Papers 8294, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2011. "Sensitivity of Matching-Based Program Evaluations to the Availability of Control Variables," CESifo Working Paper Series 3381, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2011. "Sensitivity of matching-based program evaluations to the availability of control variables," Economics Working Paper Series 1105, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2011. "Sensitivity of Matching-Based Program Evaluations to the Availability of Control Variables," IZA Discussion Papers 5553, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gary T. Henry & Kevin C. Bastian & C. Kevin Fortner & David C. Kershaw & Kelly M. Purtell & Charles L. Thompson & Rebecca A. Zulli, 2014. "Teacher Preparation Policies and Their Effects on Student Achievement," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 9(3), pages 264-303, July.
- Ferraro, Paul J. & Miranda, Juan José, 2014. "The performance of non-experimental designs in the evaluation of environmental programs: A design-replication study using a large-scale randomized experiment as a benchmark," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 344-365.
- Terri J. Sabol & Robert C. Pianta, 2014. "Do Standard Measures of Preschool Quality Used in Statewide Policy Predict School Readiness?," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 9(2), pages 116-164, March.
- Anna Haskins, 2013. "Mass Imprisonment and the Intergenerational Transmission of Disadvantage: Paternal Incarceration and Childrenâ€™s Cognitive Skill Development," Working Papers wp13-15-ff, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Nikolova, Milena & Graham, Carol, 2015.
"In transit: The well-being of migrants from transition and post-transition countries,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 164-186.
- Nikolova, Milena & Graham, Carol Lee, 2014. "In Transit: The Well-Being of Migrants from Transition and Post-Transition Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 8520, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter M. Steiner, 2011. "Propensity Score Methods for Causal Inference: On the Relative Importance of Covariate Selection, Reliable Measurement, and Choice of Propensity Score Technique," Working Papers 09, AlmaLaurea Inter-University Consortium.
- Fortson, Kenneth & Gleason, Philip & Kopa, Emma & Verbitsky-Savitz, Natalya, 2015. "Horseshoes, hand grenades, and treatment effects? Reassessing whether nonexperimental estimators are biased," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 100-113.
- Colin Cannonier, 2009. "State Abstinence Education Programs and Teen Fertility in the U.S," Departmental Working Papers 2009-14, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Heissel, Jennifer, 2016. "The relative benefits of live versus online delivery: Evidence from virtual algebra I in North Carolina," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 99-115.
- Vannieuwenhuyze, Jorre T.A. & Lynn, Peter, 2014. "Measurement effects between CAPI and Web questionnaires in the UK Household Longitudinal Study," Understanding Society Working Paper Series 2014-01, Understanding Society at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Deborah Peikes & Erin Fries Taylor & Stacy Dale & Ann O'Malley & Arkadipta Ghosh & Grace Anglin & Kaylyn Swankoski & Aparajita Zutshi & Lara Converse & Randall Brown, "undated". "Evaluation of the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative: Second Annual Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports ba9f7ec1dc504e4abe15302c2, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Deborah Peikes & Grace Anglin & Erin Fries Taylor & Stacy Dale & Ann O'Malley & Arkadipta Ghosh & Kaylyn Swankoski & Lara Converse & Rosalind Keith & Mariel Finucane & Jesse Crosson & Anne Mutti & Tho, "undated". "Evaluation of the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative: Third Annual Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 70714de1cb3d4620a5957f68d, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Minhui Zhou & Rachel Murphy & Ran Tao, 2014. "Effects of Parents' Migration on the Education of Children Left Behind in Rural China," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 40(2), pages 273-292, June.
- Brian Goesling & Joanne Lee, 2015. "Improving the Rigor of Quasi-Experimental Impact Evaluations: Lessons for Teen Pregnancy Prevention Researchers," Mathematica Policy Research Reports f4f8b24cbf874a3989d87cf89, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Kenneth Fortson & Philip Gleason & Emma Kopa & Natalya Verbitsky-Savitz, 2013. "Horseshoes, Hand Grenades, and Treatment Effects? Reassessing Bias in Nonexperimental Estimators," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 1c24988cd5454dd3be51fbc2c, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Jean Stockard, 2013. "Merging the accountability and scientific research requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act: using cohort control groups," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 2225-2257, June.
- Masaki, Takaaki, 2016. "Coups d’État and Foreign Aid," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 51-68.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlasa:v:103:i:484:y:2008:p:1334-1344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jasa/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.