The great transformation 1989–2029
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard C., 2010. "Hospital closure and economic efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 87-109, January.
- M. Dewatripont & E. Maskin, 1995.
"Credit and Efficiency in Centralized and Decentralized Economies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 541-555.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 1995. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9603, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 2004. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9605, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard, 1998. "Federalism and the Soft Budget Constraint," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1143-1162, December.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Martin Gaynor & Steven Klepper & William B. Vogt, 2006.
"Does the profit motive make Jack nimble? Ownership form and the evolution of the US hospital industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 345-361.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Martin Gaynor & Steven Klepper & William B. Vogt, 2005. "Does the Profit Motive Make Jack Nimble? Ownership Form and the Evolution of the U.S. Hospital Industry," NBER Working Papers 11705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Martin Gaynor & Steven Klepper & William B. Vogt, 2005. "Does the Profit Motive Make Jack Nimble? Ownership Form and the Evolution of the U.S. Hospital Industry," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E55, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Eggleston, Karen & Shen, Yu-Chu, 2011. "Soft budget constraints and ownership: Empirical evidence from US hospitals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 7-11, January.
- Jonathan A. Rodden & Gunnar S. Eskeland (ed.), 2003. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182297, January.
- Lindrooth, Richard C. & Lo Sasso, Anthony T. & Bazzoli, Gloria J., 2003. "The effect of urban hospital closure on markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 691-712, September.
- David Rae, 2005. "Getting Better Value for Money from Sweden's Healthcare System," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 443, OECD Publishing.
- Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarboe, Oddvar M., 2007.
"Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 2129-2137, May.
- Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarbøe, Oddvar M., 2006. "Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform," Working Papers in Economics 02/06, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Eggleston, Karen, 2008. "Soft budget constraints and the property rights theory of ownership," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 425-427, September.
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Tirole, Jean, 1996. "Biased principals as a discipline device," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 195-206, June.
- Yu-Chu Shen & Karen Eggleston, 2009.
"The effect of soft budget constraints on access and quality in hospital care,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 211-232, June.
- Yu-Chu Shen & Karen Eggleston, 2008. "The Effect of Soft Budget Constraints on Access and Quality in Hospital Care," NBER Working Papers 14256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Massimo Bordignon, 2000. "Problems of Soft Budget Constraints in Intergovernmental Relationships: The Case of Italy," Research Department Publications 3099, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Massimo Bordignon & Gilberto Turati, 2003. "Bailing Out Expectations and Health Expenditure in Italy," CESifo Working Paper Series 1026, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordstransformation; economic growth; development; institutions; economic policy; post-Communist period; Central Eastern Europe; former Soviet Union; future;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aka:soceco:v:31:y:2009:i:2:p:175-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vajda, Lőrinc). General contact details of provider: http://www.akkrt.hu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.