Factors influencing the intensity of market participation by smallholder farmers: A case study of rural and peri-urban areas of Kenya
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agwu, Nnanna Mba & Anyanwu, Cynthia Ijeoma & Mendie, E.I., 2013. "Socio-Economic Determinants of Commercialization Among Smallholder Farmers in Abia State, Nigeria," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161518, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Moono, Lizzen, 2015. "An Analysis of Factors Influencing Market Participation Among Smallholder Rice Farmers in Western Province, Zambia," Research Theses 243459, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Baiyegunhi, L.J.S. & Oppong, B.B., 2016. "Commercialisation of mopane worm (Imbrasia belina) in rural households in Limpopo Province, South Africa," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 141-148.
- Asante, S. B. & Osei-Asare, Y. B. & Kuwornu, J. K. M., 2016. "Smallholder Maize Farmersâ€™ Food Consumption Expenditures in Ghana: The Mediating Role of Commercialization," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 8(3), September.
- Momanyi, Denis & Lagat, Prof. Job K. & Ayuya, Dr. Oscar I., 2016. "Analysis of the Marketing Behaviour of African Indigenous Leafy Vegetables among Smallholder Farmers in Nyamira County, Kenya," MPRA Paper 69202, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Jan 2016.
- Mignouna, D.B. & Abdoulaye, T. & Alene, A. & Akinola, A.A. & Manyong, V.M., 2015. "Drivers of Market Participation Decisions among Small-scale Farmers in Yam Growing Areas of Nigeria and Ghana," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 230219, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hayatullah Ahmadzai, 2017. "Status, patterns, and microeconomic drivers of the extent of diversity in crop production: Evidence from Afghanistan," Discussion Papers 2017-07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Otieno, David Jakinda & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Ruto, Eric, 2012. "Determinants of technical efficiency in beef cattle production in Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125853, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nyaga, John & Nyikal, Rose N. & Busienei, John R., 2016. "Factors influencing the choice of marketing channel by fish farmers in Kirinyaga County," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249338, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Julius Juma Okello & Yuan Zhou & Norman Kwikiriza & Sylvester Ochieng Ogutu & Ian Barker & Elmar Schulte-Geldermann & Elly Atieno & Justin Taj Ahmed, 2016. "Determinants of the Use of Certified Seed Potato among Smallholder Farmers: The Case of Potato Growers in Central and Eastern Kenya," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-12, October.
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna, 2015.
"Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya,"
Elsevier, pages 80-91.
- Muriithi, Beatrice & Matz, Julia Anna, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Vegetable Commercialization: Evidence from Smallholder Producers in Kenya," Discussion Papers 166029, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Benjamin Musah Abu & Haruna Issahaku & Paul Kwame Nkegbe, 2016. "Farmgate versus market centre sales: a multi-crop approach," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Olwande, John & Smale, Melinda & Mathenge, Mary K. & Place, Frank & Mithöfer, Dagmar, 2015. "Agricultural marketing by smallholders in Kenya: A comparison of maize, kale and dairy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 22-32.
- Awotide, Bola Amoke & Diagne, Aliou & Awoyemi, Taiwo Timothy, 2013. "Agricultural Technology Adoption, Market Participation and Rural Farming Households’ Welfare in Nigeria," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160428, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mukundi, Eric & Mathenge, Mary K. & Ngigi, Margaret, 2013. "Sweet Potato Marketing Among Smallholder Farmers: The Role of Collective Action," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160679, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Kiprotich Sigei, Geoffrey, 2014. "Determinants of Market Participation Among Small-Scale Pineapple Farmers in Kericho County, Kenya," Research Theses 243452, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Narayan Khanal & Keshav Maharjan, 2014. "Factors influencing farmers’ behavior in rice seed selling in the market: a case study in the Tarai region of Nepal d," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Sigei, Geoffrey & Bett, Hillary & Kibet, Lawrence, 2014. "Determinants of Market Participation among Small-scale Pineapple Farmers in Kericho County, Kenya," MPRA Paper 56149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James K. Mutura & Newton Nyairo & Maina Mwangi & Stephen K. Wambugu, 2015. "Vertical and Horizontal Integration as Determinants of Market Channel Choice among Smallholder Dairy Farmers in Lower Central Kenya," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 2(2), pages 83-90.
- Momanyi, Denis, 2016. "Analysis of the Marketing Behavior of African Indigenous Leafy Vegetables Among Smallholder Farmers in Nyamira County, Kenya," Research Theses 243443, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Mtimet, Nadhem & Pica-Ciamarra, Ugo, 2016. "Dairy farmers’ access to market in Uganda: Observing the unobservable," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249282, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0688-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bardhan, Dwaipayan & Sharma, M.L. & Saxena, Raka, 2012. "Market Participation Behaviour of Smallholder Dairy Farmers in Uttarakhand: A Disaggregated Analysis," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 25(2).
- Fatima, Hina & Almas, Lal K & Yasmin, Bushra, 2017. "Production Efficiency Analysis of Capsicum (Bell Pepper) Cropping System under the Tunnels in Punjab, Pakistan," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252736, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsSmallholder farmers; Intensity; Market participation; Kenya; Marketing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:afjare:56958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.