Beurteilung der Verteilungswirkungen der „rot-grünen“ Einkommensteuerpolitik
On the basis of an empirical analysis we discuss two alternative criterions to quantify distribu-tional effects of the income tax cut enforced by the former German red-green-government. Distributional effects can be measured by the impact of a tax reform either on the distribution of income or the distribution of the tax burden. We show the importance of the applied crite-rion for the interpretation of the results. Furthermore, we highlight the problems of focussing on the impact of a tax reform on the net income of taxpayers. It seems preferable to assess distributional effects by the impact of a tax reform on the disproportionality of the tax burden.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 129 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.duncker-humblot.de/index.php/zeitschriften/wirtschafts-undsozialwissenschaften/schmollersjahrbuch-1.html Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Homburg, Stefan, 2010. "Allgemeine Steuerlehre," EconStor Books, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 92547.
- Stefan Bach & Peter Haan & Hans-Joachim Rudolph & Viktor Steiner, 2004. "Reformkonzepte zur Einkommens- und Ertragsbesteuerung: erhebliche Aufkommens- und Verteilungswirkungen, aber relativ geringe Effekte auf das Arbeitsangebot," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 71(16), pages 185-204.
- Giacomo Corneo, 2005. "Verteilungsarithmetik der rot-grünen Einkommensteuerreform," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 125(2), pages 299-314.
- Timm Bönke & Giacomo Corneo, 2006.
"Was hätte man sonst machen können? Alternativszenarien zur rot-grünen Einkommensteuerreform,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 126(4), pages 489-519.
- Bönke, Timm & de Haan, Jakob, 2006. "Was hätte man sonst machen können? Alternativszenarien zur rot-grünen Einkommensteuerreform," Discussion Papers 2006/3, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aeq:aeqsjb:v129_y2009_i1_q1_p375-390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.