Foreign Direct Investment and Catching Up of New EU Member States: Is There a Flying Geese Pattern?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1996:i:41-42:p:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nickell, Stephen & Layard, Richard, 1999.
"Labor market institutions and economic performance,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 3029-3084
- Nickell, S. & Layard, R., 1997. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," Papers 23, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1998. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hibbs, Douglas A, Jr & Locking, Hakan, 2000.
"Wage Dispersion and Productive Efficiency: Evidence for Sweden,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(4), pages 755-782, October.
- Hibbs Jr., Douglas A. & Locking, Håkan, 2000. "Wage Dispersion and Productive Efficiency: Evidence For Sweden," Working Papers in Economics 21, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kremer, M & Maskin, E, 1996. "Wage Inequality and Segregation by Skill," Working papers 96-23, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Michael Kremer, 1993. "The O-Ring Theory of Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 551-575.
- Oi, Walter Y. & Idson, Todd L., 1999. "Firm size and wages," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 33, pages 2165-2214 Elsevier.
- Kenneth R. Troske, 1999.
"Evidence On The Employer Size-Wage Premium From Worker-Establishment Matched Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 15-26.
- Kenneth R Troske, 1994. "Evidence on the Employer Size-Wage Premium From Worker-Establishment Matched Data," Working Papers 94-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kenneth R. Troske, 1998. "Evidence on the Employer Size-Wage Premium From Worker-Establishment Matched Data," Labor and Demography 9807001, EconWPA.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1989. "Pay Equality and Industrial Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 561-580, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Greenwald, Bruce C., 1983. "A general analysis of bias in the estimated standard errors of least squares coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 323-338, August.
- Ana Ferrer & StÃ©phanie Lluis, 2008. "Should Workers Care about Firm Size?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 62(1), pages 104-125, October.
- Albaek, Karsten & Arai, Mahmood & Asplund, Rita & Barth, Erling & Strojer Madsen, Erik, 1998. "Measuring wage effects of plant size," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 425-448, December.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Wage Dispersion Between and Within U.S. Manufacturing Plants, 1963-1986," NBER Working Papers 3722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garen, John E, 1985. "Worker Heterogeneity, Job Screening, and Firm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 715-739, August.
- Lambson, V.E., 1989. "Industry Evolution With Sunk Costs And Uncertian Market Conditions," Working papers 8904, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
- Juan Francisco Canal Domínguez & César Rodríguez Gutiérrez, 2004. "Collective Bargaining and Within-firm Wage Dispersion in Spain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 42(3), pages 481-506, September.
- Thomas Lemieux, 2002. "Decomposing changes in wage distributions: a unified approach," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 646-688, November.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-442, June.
- João Carlos Cerejeira da Silva, 2004. "Estimating the employer size-wage premium in a panel data model with comparative advantage and non-random selection," NIPE Working Papers 6/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lefilleur, Julien & Maurel, Mathilde, 2010.
"Inter- and intra-industry linkages as a determinant of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 309-330, September.
- Julien Lefilleur & Mathilde Maurel, 2010. "Inter- and intra-industry linkages as a determinant of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00445888, HAL.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2013.
"Global Supply Chains at Work in Central and Eastern European Countries: Impact of FDI on export restructuring and productivity growth,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
33213, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2013. "Global Supply Chains at Work in Central and Eastern European Countries:Impact of FDI on export restructuring and productivity growth," Working Papers VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics 37, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics.
- Ramona Jimborean & Anna Kelber, 2017.
"Foreign Direct Investment Drivers and Growth in Central and Eastern Europe in the Aftermath of the 2007 Global Financial Crisis,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 59(1), pages 23-54, March.
- R. Jimborean & A. Kelber, 2014. "Foreign direct investment drivers and growth in Central and Eastern Europe in the aftermath of the 2007 global financial crisis," Working papers 488, Banque de France.
- repec:rej:journl:v:16:y:2013:i:47:p:17-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petri, Peter A., 2012.
"The determinants of bilateral FDI: Is Asia different?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 201-209.
- Peter A. Petri, 2010. "The Determinants of Bilateral FDI: Is Asia Different?," Working Papers 12, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- repec:rej:journl:v:19:y:2016:i:61:p:95-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Reiner Martin, 2011. "Capital Inflows, Exports and Growth in the CESEE Region," Chapters,in: Post-Crisis Growth and Integration in Europe, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2015.
"Bright past, shady future? Past and potential future export performance of CEE countries in a comparative perspective,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 306-335.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2013. "Bright past, shady future? Past and potential future export performance of CEE countries in a comparative perspective," LICOS Discussion Papers 33413, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Nuno Carlos LEITÃO, 2012. "ECONOMIC gROWTH, GLOBALIZATION AND TRADE," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 4(3), pages 18-24, September.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, "undated". "FDI, structural change and productivity growth: global supply chains at work in Central and Eastern European countries," IRMO Occasional Papers 3, Institute for Development and International Relations, Zagreb.
- Grigor Stoevsky, 2015. "Exports and foreign direct investment as factors for economic growth in the EU New Member States," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 92-111,112-.
- Leitão, Nuno Carlos, 2012. "The impact of trade on economic growth," MPRA Paper 37425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Reiner Martin, 2011. "FDI, Trade and Growth in CESEE Countries," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 70-89.
- Grigor Stoevsky, 2014. "Dependencies between Labour Productivity, Export and FDI in the New EU Member Countries (cointegration analysis at sector and macroeconomic level)," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 15-42.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-05-19 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; flying geese model; catching-up process; new EU member states; restructuring of manufacturing industry; productivity growth; technological intensity;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aeq:aeqaeq:v53_y2007_i2_q2_p91-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Deborah Anne Bowen). General contact details of provider: http://www.duncker-humblot.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.